Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 11:04 AM

2 posts, read 7,295 times

Advertisements

Our family will be relocating to Charlotte during the next few months. Both my wife and I have been reading this forum during the last few weeks. I have decided to post before she does just to keep it simple for readers. All we need is to find a good neighborhood close to a good elementary school and definitely near a lake, stream, pond or any type of accumulated body of water with fish inside… The budget for the house will be in the low/mid 400k. Please Help!!! I need to find a neighborhood before she finds one close to a huge shopping center. If that happens, the closest that I am going to be to the fish is the pet shop… Hopefully she will miss this post….. Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2007, 11:19 AM

2,314 posts, read 2,834,554 times
LOL... Well Lake Norman,Mountain Island and Wylie are the lakes around. Lake Norman would be hard to find a house waterfront for $400K but there are water communities so you could still fish. The others are a little cheaper but not by much. Most areas have plenty of shopping etc to satisfy your wifes needs.

Good Luck.

Old 03-26-2007, 03:02 PM

1,304 posts, read 4,321,256 times
Default Cane Creek Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by marti53476 View Post
Our family will be relocating to Charlotte during the next few months. Both my wife and I have been reading this forum during the last few weeks. I have decided to post before she does just to keep it simple for readers. All we need is to find a good neighborhood close to a good elementary school and definitely near a lake, stream, pond or any type of accumulated body of water with fish inside… The budget for the house will be in the low/mid 400k. Please Help!!! I need to find a neighborhood before she finds one close to a huge shopping center. If that happens, the closest that I am going to be to the fish is the pet shop… Hopefully she will miss this post….. Thanks!!!
Well, if you don't have to live on the water, Cane Creek Park, south of Waxhaw is a popular fishing hole.
http://www.co.union.nc.us/gov_offices/parks/parks.htm (broken link)

I KNOW I saw a whole section on fishing in a local newspaper last week. Did anyone else see it? I'm thinking it was possibly in the Enquirer Journal, because I think I recall the mention of some of the Monroe area lakes. I'm gonna keep looking for it.

Old 03-26-2007, 03:10 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times
Far as homes you might want to look into the city Denver North Carolina. I just look it up and there still plenty of nice homes way below your 400k mark on west side of Lake norman with lake view maybe lake front
This area will have nice appreciation on your home.

Same thing for Mountain Island lake just minutes to the south of lake Norman. I live in between the two but I like Mountain Island lake better due to less boat traffic and I can put my kayak there.

Far as the wife and you might not like this but LOL if your at Mountain lake. North lake Mall (only about a year or 2 old) is within 8 minutes same thing for birkdale village.

Latta plantation park is on the north east side of Mountain Island lake a nice park that is fun to check out. Something your little one will like is the various activities they have there for the family.

Old 03-26-2007, 03:10 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,212,228 times
Quote:

If you are interested in going just across the state line into SC I could suggest some spots for you within your price range w/good schools..just let me know.

I am not a realtor...just someone that lives off Lake Wylie

Old 03-26-2007, 05:43 PM

26 posts, read 108,071 times
http://www.charmeck.org/Departments/Park+and+Rec/Parks/Parks+By+District/Home.htm (broken link)

Many of the city park have bodies of water that offer fishing.

Old 03-27-2007, 01:49 AM

473 posts, read 1,578,721 times
Red face Denver?`

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Far as homes you might want to look into the city Denver North Carolina. I just look it up and there still plenty of nice homes way below your 400k mark on west side of Lake norman with lake view maybe lake front
This area will have nice appreciation on your home.

Same thing for Mountain Island lake just minutes to the south of lake Norman. I live in between the two but I like Mountain Island lake better due to less boat traffic and I can put my kayak there.

Far as the wife and you might not like this but LOL if your at Mountain lake. North lake Mall (only about a year or 2 old) is within 8 minutes same thing for birkdale village.

Latta plantation park is on the north east side of Mountain Island lake a nice park that is fun to check out. Something your little one will like is the various activities they have there for the family.
I drove down 16 through Denver over the weekend, from 150 to 73. Seems like there's not much there or underdeveloped, however you say it. Also, seems like a drive to the malls and Charlotte but since it's underdeveloped, it might not be too bad.

Closer to the malls, I kind of like the Birkdale area in Huntersville in that price range. MacCauley is nice. We live in Rosedale and 3000 sq ft homes under $300k. I don't know if these are your thing or not, but you could always drive to fish. We also liked Mooresville but the commute to Charlotte wasn't going to work... Lake Norman is a beautiful area and, how I understand it, a good investment if you can afford it...

Old 03-28-2007, 08:22 AM

2 posts, read 7,295 times
I know I might be pushing the possibilities of my budget but...Is it possible to get waterfront with 500K?

Old 04-01-2007, 05:06 PM

876 posts, read 3,793,126 times
Quote:
I know I might be pushing the possibilities of my budget but...Is it possible to get waterfront with 500K?
Eh, I dont think so? Maybe a really old home that needs some extensive remodeling?

Old 05-15-2007, 04:32 PM

26 posts, read 72,982 times
Hey there...I just read your post and thought that you would be able to help in getting information about Lake Wylie and surrounding areas..
We are semi-retired and looking for a place on or near the lake. We are looking for a place that is fairly quiet and where there are no racial issues, as far as a mixed-couple is concerned!
Golf, boating and fishing is a real plus!
Are there places that one can dock a Pontoon Party Boat, approx 24 feet!

Thanks!

W
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte