U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2009, 09:32 AM

1,865 posts, read 4,696,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by superk View Post
Just received my "intent to foreclose" notice from BOA. Sigh.

I did mail in my request to remain in the property to HUD. We'll have to see what they have to say.
I'm so sorry to hear this SuperK...my heart & prayers go out to you. Like Ani said, if there's anything we can do to help, let us know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 09:35 AM

1,350 posts, read 3,238,190 times
I hope and pray superk will be able to find help. If anyone deserves it, it's him. I wish there was something I could do.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:47 AM

1,350 posts, read 3,238,190 times
Two of the 4 houses for sale in our neighborhood are under contract!!!! They are about 50k to 70k below where they started at last year, but at least there is some activity.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:20 AM

7,036 posts, read 9,356,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by superk View Post
Just received my "intent to foreclose" notice from BOA. Sigh.

I did mail in my request to remain in the property to HUD. We'll have to see what they have to say.
"Intent to foreclose" is still a ways from being put out. Depending on how much information you are willing to share with me (by email) perhaps I can be of some help in putting together a viable solution.

Promise nothing but willing to try.I would have no problem w/signing a confidentiality agreement if that would make you more comfortable.

Best of luck in whatever you decide,
John E.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:23 AM

7,036 posts, read 9,356,696 times
Default What a score I had today!

Pouring rain. No golf today. That's OK I'll just make up a score card as usual. Let's see, how did I play today... yep shot an 87.
Wow this game gets easier by the week.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:27 AM

2,560 posts, read 5,954,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johne482 View Post
Pouring rain. No golf today. That's OK I'll just make up a score card as usual. Let's see, how did I play today... yep shot an 87.
Nice score, well sounds good anyway. I've only played miniture golf.

When DH's family lived in GA his dad had tickets to the masters, late 60's early 70's.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:33 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,110,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johne482 View Post

Way to go Tiger Woods...or was that who you were pretending to be before you decided to start your day.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:57 AM

35,885 posts, read 65,405,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
Ani I think we both knew the answer to that one months ago and yet people bought into it.

Didn't Obama specifically say lines "to help home owners stay in their homes"? I think I've heard that line verbatim on more than one occasion. Anyone who knows superk's story would want to see some of that money go to help him out. Where's his assistance?

Disgusting. So help me God I hope this man is a one term president.
Now, not trying to turn this into a political thread. But it is part of my day - the Daily Prez show. Why I keep it on CNN where I continually hear the Speech Du Jour . . . but I hear all this rhetoric and I just wonder. . .

Am I the only one who listens and hears a disconnect between today's rhetoric and November's promises?

1. I'm gonna close Gitmo
2. I'm gonna get us outta the middle east
3. I'm gonna get healthcare for the huddled masses
4. I'm gonna stimulate the economy - get ready for your job, your house, your check!
5. I'm gonna make sure all God's children get a good education

Now, I am not saying I want the above. I am just saying, as an observer, there is a disconnect b/n election promises and what legislation this administration has pushed forward, what foreign policy/war strategy has been pursued, what budget items are being proposed . . . not trying to start a big discussion about "right or wrong" as far as policies . . . just wondering if anyone else (on right or left of the issues, Hee Hee) sees a disconnect.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:23 AM

3,406 posts, read 9,012,386 times
That's both myself and another family (I'm also providing a home for a brother and SIL who's house was foreclosed on, while he tries to regain employment and reestablish some credit). The one last resort that I didn't want to do is a
401K hardship withdrawal. Guess it's time. I'm trying to work out a refinancing deal with the cars to reduce two payments for two vehicles into one payment for one vehicle (I just hate to have to start over on another 5 or 6 year financing cycle. Oh well.).

Old 05-28-2009, 11:31 AM

1,851 posts, read 1,824,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Where is all this "help" distressed homeowners were supposed to get? That's what I want to know. Superk deserves someone giving a damn and helping him out. Medical bills have screwed up his world, big time. If anyone deserves some assistance - it is Superk.

Was the "help" just rhetoric? Where's the HELP??????
It went to the financial institutions who desperately needed to pay (on time) their CEO's, their million dollar bonuses, for screwing and destroying the financial structure of this country.

A job well done.

Of course Obama stood right up to them .......and asked them if they needed a refill for their drinks. Just like all the other ones....same as it ever was...same as it ever was...same as it ever was....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte