U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2009, 03:54 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,117,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Well, I think there are congressmen and senators who are patriots, even if they may have some - uh - less than mainstream ideas. Patriot meaning - want to serve this country and want to do what is best for the country - and uphold the Constitution. But I sure don't see many of them around right now. I have a list of men I admired in the past: George McGovern, Paul Simon, Tom Foley, Sam Ervin, Jesse Helms, Bob Dole, Nancy Kasselbaum, Gerald Ford . . . you don't have to agree w/ people to still admire them as being sincere.

I'm not saying they're not patriots. I'm still insisting one of them is a kook.

You can be a kook and still be a patriot. Maybe you need to be a bit of a kook to stand up to Congress. I could still do without all of that Jupiter aligning with Mars talk that Kucinich's done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 04:02 PM

1,851 posts, read 1,827,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
I'm not saying they're not patriots. I'm still insisting one of them is a kook.

You can be a kook and still be a patriot. Maybe you need to be a bit of a kook to stand up to Congress. I could still do without all of that Jupiter aligning with Mars talk that Kucinich's done.
Actually, after reading through that link you provided; I retract my support of him. Three disagreements quickly turned into more than half a dozen.

Wow, I don't recall seeing all that on him when I was researching the guy last year. I guess I was at a less forthcoming website

As for that Jupiter aligning with Mars stuff, yeah, that's some intersting stuff.

Not sure it's any more kooky than Ark's full of every species of animals, insects...etc on earth during a world wide flood, or talking snakes in an apple tree....or invisable entities in the sky who love me and want my undying worship and love, though

I think you have to give Dennis a pass on that one. That was his Contact phase and he's a big fan of Jodie Foster

But I still like the fact he always stands up to Congress and fights for us! I like that about him.

Last edited by NMyTree; 05-28-2009 at 04:13 PM..

Old 05-28-2009, 05:03 PM

4,280 posts, read 9,852,203 times
Just glad we had a few hrs of sunshine today.
If the rain keeps up I'm building and ark...NMyTree, will you need a spot on it?

Old 05-28-2009, 05:06 PM

7,043 posts, read 9,370,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
John, I saw this today and you came right to mind...

Police find woman shot dead in car in East Orange - NJ.com
Yep thats what I was saying.Great nabe huh???

Old 05-28-2009, 05:30 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,117,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johne482 View Post
Yep thats what I was saying.Great nabe huh???

Beeyooooteeful.

Old 05-28-2009, 05:31 PM

2,560 posts, read 5,959,436 times
Big thunderstorm over Weddington/Waxhaw area. Thunder, lightning and it is pouring! Be careful on the roads.

Old 05-28-2009, 05:38 PM

7,043 posts, read 9,370,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarnancy View Post
Big thunderstorm over Weddington/Waxhaw area. Thunder, lightning and it is pouring! Be careful on the roads.

OK I'll do my best to stay away from there tonite.

Old 05-28-2009, 05:41 PM

1,851 posts, read 1,827,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
Just glad we had a few hrs of sunshine today.
If the rain keeps up I'm building and ark...NMyTree, will you need a spot on it?
nah, I don't do well in the company of giraffes. I get knee envy

Old 05-28-2009, 05:46 PM

4,280 posts, read 9,852,203 times
My 20 year HS reunion is coming up this fall and I have been 'picked' to make it happen.
Our school [private, also where my girls attend] has a strong alumni connection, so it will be easy.
95% of the class is still local!
I was not the class president or vp (I was fun-time guy), but met with both today at the Epicentre downtown to put the wheels in motion.
They both work for BofA.

Epicentre - nice place!
I had never been and was impressed (I do not get downtown much since I left FUNB in 1995).
If I was single-guy I would love that as a hang-out party place.

Old 05-28-2009, 05:58 PM

2,560 posts, read 5,959,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
My 20 year HS reunion is coming up this fall and I have been 'picked' to make it happen.
Our school [private, also where my girls attend] has a strong alumni connection, so it will be easy.
95% of the class is still local!
I was not the class president or vp (I was fun-time guy), but met with both today at the Epicentre downtown to put the wheels in motion.
They both work for BofA.

Epicentre - nice place!
I had never been and was impressed (I do not get downtown much since I left FUNB in 1995).
If I was single-guy I would love that as a hang-out party place.
How fun! Let me know if you need anything, I used to plan meetings, events and tradeshows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte