U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2009, 08:08 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,288,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
I marinated skinless chicken breasts all day yesterday in Jack Daniel's sauce, then tossed them on the grill for dinner.
Served up with real (not instant) mashed potatoes and a tossed salad of mixed baby greens, cherry tomatoes, green/yellow/red peppers, and sliced almonds.

I cook and the wife cleans up, it works for us.

Another one who doesn't let his wife near the kitchen while dinner's being made.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 09:10 AM

1,907 posts, read 4,454,399 times
I do the cooking and hubby and the kids clean up. I do clean as I go, but I just hate getting up to clean the dishes after enjoying a nice meal. It works for us.
Mullman, I'm looking forward to trying the london broil this weekend when family visits..

Old 06-24-2009, 11:40 AM

11,836 posts, read 25,479,307 times
I'm not allowed in the kitchen when my wife cooks. Which is fine because she cooks extraordinarily well.

Old 06-24-2009, 04:19 PM

7,109 posts, read 9,736,789 times
Default A preview of what goes on in the Pol. forum

Just got back from fishing and saw the "affluent AA" thread was closed. Man, I could have made a $100 bet this morning when I left that would be the case.
If you ever wondered about the Pol. forum and how it gets heated up, well, the last page or two of the closed thread is a mild preview.

I predict the next thread to get closed is the one of ""Snobiness". Reason being one poster on there has lost her prescription for her meds and when she goes postal. . . good bye thread. Really doesn't matter as OP has never been back. Kinda like eat and run.

City-Data rocks for me. I get information,laughs, insight to people's lives,and a whole lot more.

Old 06-24-2009, 04:49 PM

4,280 posts, read 10,054,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johne482 View Post
City-Data rocks for me. I get information,laughs, insight to people's lives,and a whole lot more.
+1

Realty TV? Pfft!
We have the C-D forum!

Old 06-24-2009, 05:48 PM

7,109 posts, read 9,736,789 times
Default You never know who you're talking to.

Last nite I went to see an apt. in Manhattan that my son wants to rent.
Owner of the apt.is a guy who lives in California and has owned the apt. for quite some time. I hated the apt. as it was about the size of a Dunkin' Donuts box.

One thing leads to another and he tells me he just returned from CLT. OH? Yep, I invest in rental properties in Uptown. OH? What part of Uptown? Well, Wilmore, Villa Heights, bla bla bla.Doing good. Sales? No rentals. Yeah right.

Funny the way things work in life. Couldn't get myself to believe one word of what he said after he said that. Don't know why. Just felt he was full of it.

Son is not taking the apt. Hey, how can he? I'm the co-signer.

Old 06-24-2009, 06:17 PM

4,280 posts, read 10,054,625 times
Quote:
What part of Uptown? Well, Wilmore, Villa Heights,
Poseurs...

Old 06-25-2009, 07:06 AM

6,772 posts, read 11,898,123 times
Quote:
Just got back from fishing and saw the "affluent AA" thread was closed. Man, I could have made a $100 bet this morning when I left that would be the case.
If you ever wondered about the Pol. forum and how it gets heated up, well, the last page or two of the closed thread is a mild preview.

I predict the next thread to get closed is the one of ""Snobiness". Reason being one poster on there has lost her prescription for her meds and when she goes postal. . . good bye thread. Really doesn't matter as OP has never been back. Kinda like eat and run.

Whenever a thread gets long/funny/heated they close it. The snob one will be closed by tonight. LOL at the meds comments.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:33 AM

1,039 posts, read 2,671,922 times
Just started my london broil!! HT had them on buy 1 get one free so I will get to try this twice for $4.50 per roast!! So thanks so much Mullman...

Old 06-25-2009, 10:34 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,179,255 times
Mullman - you are our own resident chef . . . gonna be having your recipe tonite, too! Family will be very pleased, I am sure!!!

I love it when we share recipes . . . it is terrific to know what works so no surprises (except how good the dish is!!!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte