U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2009, 08:20 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,068,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
yeah, I have found that, too. So, now what I do is go to the company's corporate website, using the req number that they show in the indeed (or whatever) ad and look it up that way. Most times, the req does not exist. I think that they do that to show that we have jobs available or something.

I know of a bank that does that so that when they lay off people, it looks like there are a ton of available jobs, when, in reality, there are none.
You are so right Chi, I usually go directly to the corp site and I didn't this time. I spend hours going on corp sites too as so many only advertise their sites. It used to be if you sent out a couple of resume's you'd hear back from at least 1.

Alright, off to do some chores.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
This is the best summer we have had since moving back. It is more like summers were when I grew up here. Last evening, we were actually able to sit out on the deck comfortably - a little breeze . . . I don't mind the humidity at all unless temps are into the 90s. Hubby won't ever adjust to humidity over 50 %, I don't think. But for me, 70 % humidity and temps in 80s is a mild summer.

I love the storms . . .just don't like things getting hit by lightning or trees crashing down!

So wonderful to finally see rain! Hopefully, no more problems w/ water shortages! And I bet we are in a cycle which will provide some snow this winter.

I finally feel like I moved back home. Since 2002, the weather has just seemed odd to me in this region. Too many hot days starting too early, not enuff rain and too many tornado warnings. This year, we just haven't had those conditions and I am sooooo grateful. Love sitting out on my deck in the evenings . . .
I am enjoying the afternoon thunder storms too, it's a huge difference from So Cal. Although, I am w/you, I could do with out lightning hitting homes etc.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:37 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,040,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarnancy View Post

So I find a job for DH and apply for it, now this job was advertised on Indeed as a new listing. I go through all the questions and at the very end it says it's going to match the application to the position that is open with in the company. Do you now what it comes back with? No positions available! So if there are no positions available why is it being advertised? I would assume for future use? So beyond frustrating.
Well, on a website, they count the number of hits. Also, the number of applications that were generated. So they scam us w/ these expired listings so they will keep the hits up and those applications rolling in. That is how they justify their existence to their sponsors. "We had xx hits in the month of July and xx new applications were generated" blah blah blah.

Old 07-30-2009, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Well, on a website, they count the number of hits. Also, the number of applications that were generated. So they scam us w/ these expired listings so they will keep the hits up and those applications rolling in. That is how they justify their existence to their sponsors. "We had xx hits in the month of July and xx new applications were generated" blah blah blah.
False advertising at our expense, expecially with jobs in this economy.

Let's see, back in March I had an agency contact me about a posting that I had appied for, I went in and they had this great job they thought I would be qualified for and of course I never heard from them again. I didn't know the name of the company but knew the location and what they did. So about 2 weeks ago I ran across the company and went to the company website and low and behold the position was still available, so I applied and just received an email that the job has been cancelled. So once again, a company posting a position and then not filling it. False hope....

I used to really like Monster and they updated the website and I just hate it! They have a lot less hits from me now.

Old 07-30-2009, 01:04 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,040,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarnancy View Post
False advertising at our expense, expecially with jobs in this economy.

Let's see, back in March I had an agency contact me about a posting that I had appied for, I went in and they had this great job they thought I would be qualified for and of course I never heard from them again. I didn't know the name of the company but knew the location and what they did. So about 2 weeks ago I ran across the company and went to the company website and low and behold the position was still available, so I applied and just received an email that the job has been cancelled. So once again, a company posting a position and then not filling it. False hope....

I used to really like Monster and they updated the website and I just hate it! They have a lot less hits from me now.
It has really gotten demoralizing with so many of these job websites, b/c now that they have been up and running for years . . . their operation depends so much on sponsorship $$$ . . . and they are not as concerned w/ depth and accuracy of info. Too bad. When companies start playing games w/ the consumer - we are not stupid! We will figure it out!!! And their hits will go DOWN.

Old 07-30-2009, 05:49 PM

5,975 posts, read 17,563,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johne482 View Post
Hand chop gently. There're pretty soft at this stage. In fact last nite I forgot to chop them and threw them in the pot. Couple of minutes later I "chopped" them in the pot with a knife and wood spoon. How much you chop them amount of juice vs. little pcs. of tom. when you're finished.

I cook this sauce one hour and then if not using right away another 20 minutes before using. Use a VERY gentle flame as you have a small vol. in the pot and it will stick if the flame is too high.

Cook this sauce with "love". LOL
John - would you add any herbs to your sauce? I just pureed and froze some tomatoes off my vine and would cook them when I get back from vacation. I have a recipe that calls for the addition of some basil and rosemary to the slow cooked sauce, after mixing them with sauteed garlic in olive oil.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:06 PM

7,106 posts, read 9,704,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
John - would you add any herbs to your sauce? I just pureed and froze some tomatoes off my vine and would cook them when I get back from vacation. I have a recipe that calls for the addition of some basil and rosemary to the slow cooked sauce, after mixing them with sauteed garlic in olive oil.
You certainly can make other sauces by using these ingredients...but not to this one. I'll post in a day or two a pesto sauce that calls for tomato. As far as rosemary, which I love, I use it only with fish or chicken. Great for meat BUT I don't eat red meat any longer.

Or, you might want to consider using the tomato as base for soup w/ rosemary flavor. Or, grilled halfs of tomato with rosemary seasoning.

Tomato and rosemary make a great homemade pizza topping. I've recently bought pizza dough in Trader Joes in a pinch. (I prefer an Italian bakery for my pizza doughs)

Old 07-30-2009, 09:16 PM

7,106 posts, read 9,704,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
Just noticed you pureed your tomatoe so disregard the grilling idea. LOL
Pureed tom. is not the same texture as the dish I suggested this week b/c when you pureed it you included the skin and the seed. My receipe is sweeter b/c the seed add a bit of bitterness to the taste (IMHO and not in the opinion of some of my cousins and uncle).

If you would like to jar tomato I will recite the process for you which is a little tricky. I jar 300 jars every other year. (This is the off year). I use or give away 150 jars between Oct. and June each year.During the summer months I use only fresh tom.

Let me know if you want to take a crack at it.
John

Old 07-31-2009, 06:01 AM

1,039 posts, read 2,667,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johne482 View Post
Just noticed you pureed your tomatoe so disregard the grilling idea. LOL
Pureed tom. is not the same texture as the dish I suggested this week b/c when you pureed it you included the skin and the seed. My receipe is sweeter b/c the seed add a bit of bitterness to the taste (IMHO and not in the opinion of some of my cousins and uncle).

If you would like to jar tomato I will recite the process for you which is a little tricky. I jar 300 jars every other year. (This is the off year). I use or give away 150 jars between Oct. and June each year.During the summer months I use only fresh tom.

Let me know if you want to take a crack at it.
John
It is official, in the event of a food shortage we will all meet at John's house.

Old 07-31-2009, 06:11 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,275,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkleoni1 View Post
It is official, in the event that CharlotteCharlotte's predictions come true we will all meet at John's house.

Had to fix that post for ya.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte