U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2009, 07:13 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,154,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
Had to fix that post for ya.
HeeHee. NYC is a long way off . . . if the sky falls, I hope it can be timed so that John is here in CLT - and has his 300 jars of tomatoes with him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 07:42 AM

7,041 posts, read 13,127,296 times
hahahaha.....I have tomato plants, too...with about 10 cherry tomatoes on them!!!!

mornin' all...great laugh first thing....busy day with the continuation of the cleaning spree...then Cubs meetup tonight downtown!! woo-hoo!! a little bit of a life!!!!

Old 07-31-2009, 08:28 AM

5,975 posts, read 17,589,459 times
No John, I don't puree my tomatoes with skin and seeds. I blanch them and pop the seeds out of every one of them, including the cherries. I have several recipes from Allrecipes.com. Just wondering whether you have one home grown.

Old 07-31-2009, 09:50 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,154,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
hahahaha.....I have tomato plants, too...with about 10 cherry tomatoes on them!!!!

mornin' all...great laugh first thing....busy day with the continuation of the cleaning spree...then Cubs meetup tonight downtown!! woo-hoo!! a little bit of a life!!!!
Some critter stripped my tomato plants a few weeks back . . . nary a bloom left on them and all the nearly ripe maters gone!!! They are just standing there, half the leaves stripped . . . not doing a thing. So much for my tomato crop! We have been frequenting the new farmer's market out at Ballantyne every Sat and picking up great tomatoes, watermelon, canteloupe, corn, etc there. I am so glad to have it nearby and hope folks will patronize it so they do it again next year.

Old 07-31-2009, 11:01 AM

852 posts, read 2,217,906 times
I had my new raised vegetable beds put in earlier in the year and thought I would be self sufficient (vegetable wise) by now but alas..... mid spring sunshine is a little different to mid summer and many of my veggies died - too much sun. Some of the tomatoes weren't getting enough because they were in the shady spot so it's been trial and error but I will know for next year. I am getting tons of cherry tomatoes though and small romas. My watermelon and some squash are also ok and it amazes me that the big watermelons can hang from the vines.

Old 07-31-2009, 11:29 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,077,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Some critter stripped my tomato plants a few weeks back . . . nary a bloom left on them and all the nearly ripe maters gone!!! They are just standing there, half the leaves stripped . . . not doing a thing. So much for my tomato crop! We have been frequenting the new farmer's market out at Ballantyne every Sat and picking up great tomatoes, watermelon, canteloupe, corn, etc there. I am so glad to have it nearby and hope folks will patronize it so they do it again next year.
Where's the new farmer's market located in Ballantyne?

Old 07-31-2009, 12:56 PM

5,288 posts, read 6,362,931 times
Have you guys ever been to the Wine Vault on near the boardwalk in the Univ area? We were there last weekend, having a really good time, it would seem like a good place for a meetup. You can even bring your dogs!!!

Old 07-31-2009, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Have you guys ever been to the Wine Vault on near the boardwalk in the Univ area? We were there last weekend, having a really good time, it would seem like a good place for a meetup. You can even bring your dogs!!!
dogs?? really???

Old 07-31-2009, 01:15 PM

anyone ever watch the Bonnie Hunt show? Really love that show...and her humour.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:24 PM

1,039 posts, read 2,671,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
Had to fix that post for ya.
LOL... thank you. Then again if we are going by their predictions John's tomatoes won't save us when the earth opens up and swallows us all whole!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte