Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2012, 04:14 PM

1,176 posts, read 2,675,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeytonC View Post
Yeah we have much more class than the "dirty souf" ghetto called Atlanta. Let them pretend they are relevant by having a joke like this on TV.
This is a ridiculous comment. I have seen the same concentration of weaves and ghetto fab in Charlotte..and to be honest, it can be seen as worst since Charlotte is so much smaller. And let's be clear: Charlotte does not have stable nighlife options for AA becuase of the ghetto/ghettofab element.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2012, 04:36 PM

7,041 posts, read 14,943,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Its not hijack, when it is off topics posts and that is what the thread is for.

(Its been awhile since I have done it, but I am moving off topic posts in other threads to this thread.)
aaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!

Old 02-19-2012, 05:21 PM

1,619 posts, read 3,853,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdkb View Post
This is a ridiculous comment. I have seen the same concentration of weaves and ghetto fab in Charlotte..and to be honest, it can be seen as worst since Charlotte is so much smaller. And let's be clear: Charlotte does not have stable nighlife options for AA becuase of the ghetto/ghettofab element.

Just to help you understand, this was a tongue-in-cheek attempt at humor to push the buttons of another poster (mission accomplished, as usual). It's okay...it is all a learning process as you grow up.

BTW, Atlanta has a much larger concentration of ghetto-fab culture than Charlotte. Ours is more concentrated in several areas; ATL's is literally everywhere.

Old 02-19-2012, 06:33 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,077,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
The difference between Gastonia & all of the towns that trail west of Charklotte on 74 is that they were independent mill towns & Gastonia functioned as the capital. Because of proximity to Charlotte, Belmont has reinvented itself. Cramerton, Gastonia, & Kings Mountain are in the process.

Taking swipes at towns that are trying to fix themselves is a cheap shot. There are places that are not trying. Knock yourself out with them.
I agree. I think it is wonderful to see the improvements and how hard citizens have worked in all those areas to revitalize and bring more jobs to the area. Those towns are rich in history, too . . . and also are right in the middle of beautiful countryside.

Old 02-19-2012, 08:47 PM

23,809 posts, read 34,419,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I agree. I think it is wonderful to see the improvements and how hard citizens have worked in all those areas to revitalize and bring more jobs to the area. Those towns are rich in history, too . . . and also are right in the middle of beautiful countryside.
Thanks, Ani. I'm tired of people thinking that it's OK to take the potshots. We have gotten questions from people who have gotten jobs out here & are afraid to live here because of this crap. Gastonia & Kings Mountain have people working very hard to improve the towns. The last poster who had a job in Gastonia & had read this kind of stuff wanted a place to commute from that was not west of Charlotte. I'm tired of trying to undo the cheap shots & told her to look in Huntersville.

Old 02-19-2012, 09:14 PM

37,784 posts, read 41,454,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
The difference between Gastonia & all of the towns that trail west of Charklotte on 74 is that they were independent mill towns & Gastonia functioned as the capital. Because of proximity to Charlotte, Belmont has reinvented itself. Cramerton, Gastonia, & Kings Mountain are in the process.

Taking swipes at towns that are trying to fix themselves is a cheap shot. There are places that are not trying. Knock yourself out with them.
Well technically it's not so much Gastonia itself, but some of the surrounding towns. Bessemer City is a good example.

Old 02-19-2012, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Not true. As a young AA male who formerly resided in Charlotte, I had absolutely no issues with nightlife. While you may encounter it from time to time, it can definitely be avoided and doesn't hurt the stability of nightlife. Atlanta has great nightlife and a much more pronounced presence of that particular element, but you've still got plenty of options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeytonC View Post
BTW, Atlanta has a much larger concentration of ghetto-fab culture than Charlotte. Ours is more concentrated in several areas; ATL's is literally everywhere.
No it is not "literally everywhere." It is common knowledge that the southern half of metro Atlanta, particularly south Fulton, Clayton County, parts of Dekalb County, etc. is where you're much more apt to encounter that particular element. In the northern suburbs where I live and in the more affluent parts of the city, it's much, much more muted.

Old 02-19-2012, 10:52 PM

23,809 posts, read 34,419,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Well technically it's not so much Gastonia itself, but some of the surrounding towns. Bessemer City is a good example.
& that's a town that I've never recommended. . . I can't argue about that.

Old 02-20-2012, 04:24 AM

Quote:
And to end my points: please come to the city February 27 - March 3, 2012, CIAA week. Ghetto Fab in all it's country glory. Looks like RH to me.
Any city with an event as large as CIAA is sure to attract all sorts of folks, but that's not what it's about in its essence and of course the vast majority of these people won't even be from Charlotte.

And Z-Fitness in Charlotte doesn't have a damn thing on LA Fitness in Atlantic Station here in Atlanta, THAT I can promise you. The point isn't that Charlotte doesn't have this element, but having lived in both Charlotte and Atlanta, it's really not a comparison due to the very large size difference between the two.

Old 02-20-2012, 08:37 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,252,507 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte