Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2012, 09:01 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,687,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I am sure some element of "ghetto fab" can be found in any large city.

But the point is, many of us are so very happy Bravo will not be documenting and glorifying this type of behavior in Charlotte.

It is NOT something to be proud of and just makes people in cities like Atlanta look bad.
Don't worry. It will be there for public consumption, February 27 - March 3. Look at last year (melee), which made nationl news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2012, 09:21 AM

1,452 posts, read 2,992,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdkb View Post
Don't worry. It will be there for public consumption, February 27 - March 3. Look at last year (melee), which made nationl news.
Were there a lot of problems? I don't recall reading anything, I was rather surprised. Maybe it was buried.

Old 02-20-2012, 10:20 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
A few days coverage of a basketball tournament is not the same as a whole tv series set in Charlotte

Plus I think most people would realize the basketball fans are converging on Charlotte from all over and many won't even be residents of the city.

Again, most people are glad this kind of lifestyle will not be glorified in Charlotte on a television show. Atlanta can keep that black eye all for itself

Old 02-20-2012, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdub1968 View Post
Were there a lot of problems? I don't recall reading anything, I was rather surprised. Maybe it was buried.
NASCAR..
Police seek suspect in slaying after uptown melee

..and plenty of stuff CIAA week. But that's besides the point. If Bravo would have approved it the vibe on here would have been different. Same reason why a thread about Celebrities That Live in Charlotte was started. Not many BTW. For the 2nd and 3rd Tier (Charlotte) cities any type of entertainment publicity (good or bad) is a plus. But you and perhaps some of the old (native) Charlotte folks don't get that. Cam Newton for example has his picture up on Madison Ave (NY). But by reading the blogs of several Charlotte newsletters and publications, one is shocked at how unappreciated he is. He's putting the city on the map. There wil be good with that. There could be bad. But at the very least you will not have to hear somewhere say, "where is Charlotte located? South Carolina?" From a publicity stand point it was a great thing that the Bank crisis happened and the Bank at the Center of it is in Charlotte. (Strange but true).

Old 02-20-2012, 10:42 AM

Quote:
A few days coverage of a basketball tournament is not the same as a whole tv series set in Charlotte

Plus I think most people would realize the basketball fans are converging on Charlotte from all over and many won't even be residents of the city.

Again, most people are glad this kind of lifestyle will not be glorified in Charlotte on a television show. Atlanta can keep that black eye all for itself
Please do not take this the wrong way, but you do not how Cities are built. Please read the history of NY, Chicago, etc... Charlotte is an infant. Atlanta is a 12 year old boy. NY, Chicago, are grown adults. You fail to see the big picture. BTW - The financial industry is shrinking in the North. In 30-40's it will have a very large presence in South. How Cities are bulit. In 10 Years Charlotte will have it's own RHOC.

Old 02-20-2012, 10:51 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Please do not take this the wrong way, but you do not how Cities are built. Please read the history of NY, Chicago, etc... Charlotte is an infant. Atlanta is a 12 year old boy. NY, Chicago, are grown adults. You fail to see the big picture. BTW - The financial industry is shrinking in the North. In 30-40's it will have a very large presence in South. How Cities are bulit. In 10 Years Charlotte will have it's own RHOC.
This has nothing to do with "how cities are built" please quit going off topic.

When/if Charlotte ever becomes like more "grownup" cities around the country I will mourn the loss of the wonderful place Charlotte has been to raise my kids.

If it takes 10 years before Charlotte is interesting enough to have trash tv filmed here, well that will be at least 10 more years of it being a better city.

Old 02-20-2012, 11:14 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times
Quote:
This has nothing to do with "how cities are built" please quit going off topic.

When/if Charlotte ever becomes like more "grownup" cities around the country I will mourn the loss of the wonderful place Charlotte has been to raise my kids.

If it takes 10 years before Charlotte is interesting enough to have trash tv filmed here, well that will be at least 10 more years of it being a better city.
ROFLMAO! You go, girl! My sentiments EXACTLY.

Trash TV, indeed. How about adding . . . Trash Culture - not my idea of a family oriented city, wh/ is what we have now.

Old 02-20-2012, 01:12 PM

37,881 posts, read 41,933,711 times
Quote:
NASCAR..
Police seek suspect in slaying after uptown melee

..and plenty of stuff CIAA week.
What stuff during CIAA? I've been attending the tournament as long as it's been in Charlotte and I don't recall any incidents even remotely similar to what happened during Speed Street last year. If you know of specific incidents, I'd like to see those news sources.

Old 02-20-2012, 02:34 PM

37,881 posts, read 41,933,711 times
Quote:
In 10 Years Charlotte will have it's own RHOC.
How do you figure? Just because it will be larger than what it is now? There are plenty of larger metros that aren't part of the RH series so there's absolutely no guarantee that Charlotte will become part of it either.

Old 02-20-2012, 05:45 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,224,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
^^ ^ ^ ^ You got it!

But it doesn't hurt to have some manners along with the kind heart. The people who have been there for me when I had some tough times were not social elites (whatever that really means, lol) . . . they were country folks with big hearts. And the people I have known who have the most money were not flashy . . . they are the "millionaires next door," who quietly and usually - anonymously - contribute money to good causes and work hard to raise a decent family and live a quiet life as good citizens. If that is redneck, I would rather be a redneck than a loudmouth low IQ show off with a LV bag and no claim to fame other than my husband being an athlete.
No doubt. To me that's part of class. One of my neighbors is about as hillbilly as they come, with all the negative stereotypes. His wife is average middle class. They are one of the most loving couples I've ever seen. When one of my less advantaged neighbors ended up in the hospital for a month due to a serious heart condition, this couple took over everything for the guy. Yardwork, fixed some things around his home, took care of his pets, even picked up his daughter from school several times. The weren't even that close to the sick neighbor, but they just said "he's good people, and we're neighbors". Made me want to be a better person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Its not hijack, when it is off topics posts and that is what the thread is for.

(Its been awhile since I have done it, but I am moving off topic posts in other threads to this thread.)
I wondered how I ended up here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte