Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2009, 07:18 AM

197 posts, read 483,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarnancy View Post
Ok, question for y'all. I finally received a message that somebody would like to be my friend, my first friend on the forum which is great. But what does it mean? What does it do? I've been poking around trying to figure it out but not seeing anything.

Well, first, they will receive a copy of your life history, full name, birth date, social security number and address. Then, you will be required to send birthday cards, Christmas gifts and occasional "How ya doin'?" messages.

Seriously, I think all it does is allow them to be able to "follow" you on here and see where you've been so that they can read your posts. I've sent two friend requests. It just makes it easier to find posts on here and since the two I sent seemed to enjoy the same topics I do, it made sense. Can't speak for anyone else as I'm a "newbie". It also works in reverse so you see the same things about them that they do about you. Beware though, if you have your friend's list hidden or profile info that you don't want them to see you should either deny the friend request or get rid of the info before accepting. I would hope, though, that most people wouldn't put a lot of personal info into their profiles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2009, 07:56 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,794,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelleC View Post
Well, first, they will receive a copy of your life history, full name, birth date, social security number and address. Then, you will be required to send birthday cards, Christmas gifts and occasional "How ya doin'?" messages.

Seriously, I think all it does is allow them to be able to "follow" you on here and see where you've been so that they can read your posts. I've sent two friend requests. It just makes it easier to find posts on here and since the two I sent seemed to enjoy the same topics I do, it made sense. Can't speak for anyone else as I'm a "newbie". It also works in reverse so you see the same things about them that they do about you. Beware though, if you have your friend's list hidden or profile info that you don't want them to see you should either deny the friend request or get rid of the info before accepting. I would hope, though, that most people wouldn't put a lot of personal info into their profiles.
LOL-Cool, thanks! I have been using this forum for about 3 years or so and have never received the request, hmmm, I know I put deodorant on each morning.

Old 04-29-2009, 08:26 AM

23,809 posts, read 34,419,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarnancy View Post
Ok, question for y'all. I finally received a message that somebody would like to be my friend, my first friend on the forum which is great. But what does it mean? What does it do? I've been poking around trying to figure it out but not seeing anything.
If you check, you can see if they are onlne (I presume logged into CD.).

Old 04-29-2009, 08:32 AM

7,041 posts, read 14,943,139 times
mornin' all...another lovely day in the neighbourhood!

homework day!

Old 04-29-2009, 08:47 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,794,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
If you check, you can see if they are onlne (I presume logged into CD.).
I know you can tell who's logged on, I just didn't know what the whole "friend" thing was. I'm good to go now.

Old 04-29-2009, 09:11 AM

3,576 posts, read 10,605,934 times
Wow, what is going on with the rash of some really nasty posts in many of the other forums recently? When did it become OK for Americans to start hating and bad-mouthing each other? I'm as thick-skinned as the next guy, but jeez it's hard to read some of the vile crap being spouted.

Old 04-29-2009, 09:13 AM

7,041 posts, read 14,943,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by superk View Post
Wow, what is going on with the rash of some really nasty posts in many of the other forums recently? When did it become OK for Americans to start hating and bad-mouthing each other? I'm as thick-skinned as the next guy, but jeez it's hard to read some of the vile crap being spouted.
Seems to be an epidemic lately. I know, it is really sad.

Old 04-29-2009, 09:36 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,252,507 times
Quote:
if you notice any personal attacks or flaming other members use the report post button and after a few reports maybe they will simmer down

thanks

240 days til Christmas

Old 04-29-2009, 11:21 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,077,446 times
Quote:
You mean - stuff on our CLT forum or stuff like over in Politics? It is always nasty over there, LOL, at least to some degree. I have gotten beaten up many a time over there, wh/ I expect (or I wouldn't go there) and I have done my share of brutalizing on subjects I thought people were totally wacked on w/ their views.

Old 04-29-2009, 11:46 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,786,598 times
I was going to give you a call Ani & ask you if you've been thinking about opening up a boarding house for transients through our fair city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte