Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2009, 07:17 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,077,446 times

Advertisements

I woke up w/ a shoulder/neck/arm problem. Been nursing that all day. I just got up from a 3 hour nap, something I can rarely do!!! Still in pain but it is a bit better. Been doing stretching exercises and alternating heat/cold since I got up this morning. I am gonna check on hot tub and when it gets heated up well, maybe I will go soak a bit.

The rain came and went! It must have been very spotty throughout the region. Hope you all had a great day!

Oh - I have not forgotten my eastern style BBQ sauce for chicken. Just haven't dug it out yet. SARALEE: Raspberry Buttermilk cake? I LOVE raspberries and the buttermilk cake sounds so good. Any chance you can share that recipe???? I suspect it is like so much of my stuff and not something you can cut and paste online - but I sure would love to try that out. Is it like a buttermilk pound cake???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2009, 07:21 PM

7,041 posts, read 14,943,139 times
Ani, I am so sorry that you are not feeling well. Hope that the hot tub helps!!

It's been raining on and off here ...and, I am only 5 miles or so from the racetrack....

Old 05-24-2009, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
Ani, I am so sorry that you are not feeling well. Hope that the hot tub helps!!

It's been raining on and off here ...and, I am only 5 miles or so from the racetrack....
CHI - went about about 20 mins ago to see about hot tub and it is raining again! Now, in Kansas, there were MANY times I sat in the hot tub in the rain, but it was in the summer and so the rain was not chilly . . . so I thought about going out - but now I am hearing the rain - it is really coming down now!

Speaking of sitting in the hot tub in rain . . . I WISH I had a picture of us in the hot tub in the winter when it snowed!!! ROFL!!! I really regret we don't have pictures, cause we would put on our toboggons, take a bottle of champagne out (yeah, it stayed COLD) and ice crystals would form all over our hats (and the champagne bottle and glasses) within minutes! The steam would be like a cloud around us. I didn't realize at the time that I would look back and treasure those moments and wish I had a photo . . . this was not an occasional thing - we did this all winter long! I really don't hate cold weather the way a lot of people do . . . I just carry on!!! There were times I had to clear a path in snow to across the deck to jump in the hot tub.

I really miss that! I have a Swedish friend here who said this was a common practice in Sweden . . . but she hates it, LOL!! Crazy how this works . . . maybe I was Nordic in another life???

Old 05-25-2009, 08:11 AM

7,041 posts, read 14,943,139 times
mornin' all...hope the race can go on today for all those poor folks that came into town and need to get back to go to work...

Old 05-25-2009, 01:35 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,786,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
mornin' all...hope the race can go on today for all those poor folks that came into town and need to get back to go to work...
Makes you wonder how many came for the race then decided to look for work in the area...

Old 05-25-2009, 01:42 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,629,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
Makes you wonder how many came for the race then decided to look for work in the area...
Yeah right, like the perfect storm. City with 11% unemployment. Stormy weather on a Memorial day weekend. Odds are better for Johne getting accepted by Special Forces U.S. Army.

Old 05-25-2009, 03:17 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,786,598 times
Hey Ani! Did you hear the fire engines earlier? They were all down in my neighborhood. Scuttlebutt is that the homeowner barricaded himself in the house & then set it on fire! That's all I know right now.

Old 05-25-2009, 03:51 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,629,542 times
Quote:
Hey Ani! Did you hear the fire engines earlier? They were all down in my neighborhood. Scuttlebutt is that the homeowner barricaded himself in the house & then set it on fire! That's all I know right now.
Latest technique to prevent foreclosures. Really affected my business.

Old 05-25-2009, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Good grief! No, I didn't! I was out in the rain trying to find my kitty. I didn't know hubby had let him out!!! But I didn't hear any sirens. What on earth happened? I hope the person didn't take his life that way. That would be just awful - especially if he has a family living there with him. How sad.

Old 05-25-2009, 05:28 PM

2,115 posts, read 7,058,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I woke up w/ a shoulder/neck/arm problem. Been nursing that all day. I just got up from a 3 hour nap, something I can rarely do!!! Still in pain but it is a bit better. Been doing stretching exercises and alternating heat/cold since I got up this morning. I am gonna check on hot tub and when it gets heated up well, maybe I will go soak a bit.

The rain came and went! It must have been very spotty throughout the region. Hope you all had a great day!

Oh - I have not forgotten my eastern style BBQ sauce for chicken. Just haven't dug it out yet. SARALEE: Raspberry Buttermilk cake? I LOVE raspberries and the buttermilk cake sounds so good. Any chance you can share that recipe???? I suspect it is like so much of my stuff and not something you can cut and paste online - but I sure would love to try that out. Is it like a buttermilk pound cake???

How are the aches and pains today?

I'd be interested in the eastern style BBQ sauce.

Here's the cake recipe:
raspberry buttermilk cake | smitten kitchen

Smitten Kitchen is an awesome, awesome fod blog. Deb shares the hits and misses. She's got a huge following. Pics are fantastic too.

Honestly, no rave reviews on the cake here (although strangely there's not a bit left). DH and boys complained about how tart the berries were (raspberry and blackbery combo).

It sure was a pretty cake though ...

Now I've got to figure out what to do with the rest of this buttermilk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte