U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2009, 04:37 PM

7,017 posts, read 9,325,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saralee View Post
How are the aches and pains today?

I'd be interested in the eastern style BBQ sauce.

Here's the cake recipe:
raspberry buttermilk cake | smitten kitchen

Smitten Kitchen is an awesome, awesome fod blog. Deb shares the hits and misses. She's got a huge following. Pics are fantastic too.

Honestly, no rave reviews on the cake here (although strangely there's not a bit left). DH and boys complained about how tart the berries were (raspberry and blackbery combo).

It sure was a pretty cake though ...

Now I've got to figure out what to do with the rest of this buttermilk.
If you have enough of it I understand it's great for the skin. In my case I would need a tub full.

je
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 04:56 PM

4,280 posts, read 9,824,872 times
What a dreary 3 day weekend...

We went to IKEA for breakfast, you have to love a decent breakfast for four for under $9, then walked around for 2 hours.
We did not buy anything, just looked around.

Not having anything else to do, we drove up to Boone and had a late lunch at the Dan'l Boone Inn.
If you are new to the area and never been, you must - home cooking family style since 1959.
Killed some time at the outlets, again not buying a single thing, then headed home.

Back to work and school tomorrow, sigh...

Old 05-25-2009, 05:30 PM

7,041 posts, read 12,811,809 times
I am exhausted; did a deep clean in my bedroom; it is amazing how much hair/dust/dirt 2 dogs and a cat drag in even with daily swiffering...in the middle, my mop handle broke and I had to make an "emergency" run to the dollar store. (my floors are not carpeted due to allergies; good thing, cannot even imagine how dirty a carpet would have been!!) taking a bit of a break before trying to put back all the knick-nacs....oh, look, here comes a cat on the wet floor! (she is following the dogs after a rumble of thunder) So much for the clean floor!

Old 05-25-2009, 06:00 PM

2,560 posts, read 5,943,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
I am exhausted; did a deep clean in my bedroom; it is amazing how much hair/dust/dirt 2 dogs and a cat drag in even with daily swiffering...in the middle, my mop handle broke and I had to make an "emergency" run to the dollar store. (my floors are not carpeted due to allergies; good thing, cannot even imagine how dirty a carpet would have been!!) taking a bit of a break before trying to put back all the knick-nacs....oh, look, here comes a cat on the wet floor! (she is following the dogs after a rumble of thunder) So much for the clean floor!
LOL! A week ago Friday our vacuum died the day before our big party! DH treated me to a Dyson and I must say it's excellent! I had vacuumed the downstairs already and it died upstairs. Tested out the new Dyson on the already vacuumed carpet downstairs and absolutely unbelieveable what else it picked up. They make one for pet hair but it was about $125 more which was at Lowe's so just went back to Costco and got the one they had.

I hear you on the pet hair, how can 1 cat & 1 dog leave so much fur? We brush Dear Labby and get like 5 hairs off of him, one trip up on the sofa and they are everywhere. DH and I call him a fur factory and they have layoff's daily.

Old 05-25-2009, 06:53 PM

18,264 posts, read 6,949,526 times
Good Evening Charlotte!

Happy Memorial Day!

Old 05-25-2009, 07:19 PM

Fireflies are out!

Old 05-25-2009, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarnancy View Post
Fireflies are out!

Waterbugs are in!

Old 05-25-2009, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
Waterbugs are in!
LOL I'll take the "fire" fly any day over the "water" bug.

Old 05-25-2009, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarnancy View Post
LOL I'll take the "fire" fly any day over the "water" bug.

So would I!..lol

Old 05-26-2009, 07:31 AM

7,041 posts, read 12,811,809 times
mornin' all...loving this extended vacation that I took....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte