Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2009, 10:43 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,469,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
It went to the financial institutions who desperately needed to pay (on time) their CEO's, their million dollar bonuses, for screwing and destroying the financial structure of this country.

A job well done.

Of course Obama stood right up to them .......and asked them if they needed a refill for their drinks. Just like all the other ones....same as it ever was...same as it ever was...same as it ever was....
You are so right . . . there were no "Shining Stars" standing up for We, the People. All of 'em let us down. We sure don't have an Adams, Monroe, Jefferson, Payne, Franklin today. How could one generation have had all those patriots and today . . . nary a one (on the forefront, anyway).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssd3 View Post
Two of the 4 houses for sale in our neighborhood are under contract!!!! They are about 50k to 70k below where they started at last year, but at least there is some activity.
That is wonderful news! That tells me something about the economy. Yes, things sold below the asking price, but they SOLD. So someone is BUYING!!!

Also - been catching up on my reading, cause my posts this week have been fly-by in b/n work - and wanted to send a huge CONGRATULATIONS to your son for securing a place w/ the Marching Band! This is a really big deal! I am sooooo happy for him!!! This will also integrate him into the student population - a niche from the start! It really doesn't get any better. So happy for him - and for you - cause I know this has made you feel better knowing he is gonna make quick friends and have connections w/ other students from Day One!!!

He's gonna love App . . .

Old 05-28-2009, 10:52 AM

2,115 posts, read 7,085,688 times
I noticed (2) homes in my grandparents' Waxhaw neighborhood sold within the last week or two. They also sat on the market a very long time, one of them possibly close to a year.

While I was delighted to see these homes finally come off the market, I made an assumption that it had less to do with the economy and more to do with the time of year. People are more likely to move with the school year coming to an end, right? Don't we always see an increase at this time?

Old 05-28-2009, 10:56 AM

852 posts, read 2,467,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saralee View Post
Should I try a buttermilk pie? I've never had it (DH and boys likely haven't either) but loads of recipes online and all ingredients on hand.

Is it like custard?
Make soda bread with your buttermilk. You can freeze it and have it again.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:59 AM

1,350 posts, read 3,782,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
That is wonderful news! That tells me something about the economy. Yes, things sold below the asking price, but they SOLD. So someone is BUYING!!!

Also - been catching up on my reading, cause my posts this week have been fly-by in b/n work - and wanted to send a huge CONGRATULATIONS to your son for securing a place w/ the Marching Band! This is a really big deal! I am sooooo happy for him!!! This will also integrate him into the student population - a niche from the start! It really doesn't get any better. So happy for him - and for you - cause I know this has made you feel better knowing he is gonna make quick friends and have connections w/ other students from Day One!!!

He's gonna love App . . .
Thanks Ani, he is very excited. Maybe we can all meet up there for a game and some dinner.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:02 AM

852 posts, read 2,467,659 times
As a matter of interest what do you all think old Bush and his cronies would do to help the economy? They had their moment, it's not like this crash happened all of a sudden, it's been building for years.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:05 AM

1,350 posts, read 3,782,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saralee View Post
I noticed (2) homes in my grandparents' Waxhaw neighborhood sold within the last week or two. They also sat on the market a very long time, one of them possibly close to a year.

While I was delighted to see these homes finally come off the market, I made an assumption that it had less to do with the economy and more to do with the time of year. People are more likely to move with the school year coming to an end, right? Don't we always see an increase at this time?
I agree that it probably has a lot to do with the time of the year. Just glad to see some activity. One of the houses (all new construction) was going into forclosure only a few days before it went under contract. I think most of the lots in our neighborhood are now owned by individuals as opposed to a builder so hopefully no more homes will be built unless the owners will be moving in as soon as they are done.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssd3 View Post
Thanks Ani, he is very excited. Maybe we can all meet up there for a game and some dinner.
That would be delightful!!!

Old 05-28-2009, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smclarke4 View Post
As a matter of interest what do you all think old Bush and his cronies would do to help the economy? They had their moment, it's not like this crash happened all of a sudden, it's been building for years.
Oh, I am not waving a flag for anyone on this subject. ALL our leaders let us down. Both sides of the aisle. They all let us down. So did all the organizations that have banking oversight. So did all these boards and CEOs who backed poor management decisions, etc. etc. There is blame to go around on all sides - and at many levels! - no doubt about it.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:12 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,153,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smclarke4 View Post

Oh I agree. That's the main point. Bush, Cheney and their collection of demented ******** are the one's who drove it into the ground. And Clinton is also responsible.

Let's not forget Congress who are just as culpable. Congress needs to be swept out. 85% of them need to be thrown into the streer and some of them arrested.

But our media darling ......Car Salesman with A Who Wants To Be A Millionaire salespitch....is no different. Yes He Can Be Juts Like All The Rest Of The Currupt Crooks!!! Yes he Can!

The only true change I see, is this goofy concept that the First Lady is some kind of hotty or something. I've dated some black women in my life and the First lady is no hottie!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte