Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2009, 02:11 PM

457 posts, read 1,370,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
I have friends in NJ that say its been cloudy & cool. Nice of you to bring them some heat & sunshine.
They can sure use some nice weather, it's rained 24 out of the 26 days in June so far...Gotta love the Charlotte weather!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2009, 02:14 PM

457 posts, read 1,370,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Are you gonna be able to spend some time on a beach up there????
Hope to get some beach time in Ani, that's if the sun ever shows its face up there...I lived about 10 minutes from the beach before moving here...maybe I can bring them some sunshine from the Carolinas!!

Old 06-27-2009, 08:38 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,077,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
Happy Anniversary to us, 11 yrs of martial bliss [for the most part] - LOL!
Celebrating by doing yard work and killing Sphecius with a tennis racket in this apocalyptic heat.
Gasoline or carb cleaner is the only thing that kills them, BUT that kills my gorgeous lawn, hence the sporty approach.
Orkin, Terminix, independent pest places - no luck - kill them with a tennis/racquetball racket.

Probably end up at the pool.

If I do not have a heat stroke today, the girls will spend the night with their cousins tomorrow and the bride and I will have a wonderful date-nite to celebrate another year.
Hope you had a great day, Mullman! And congrats on 11 years of marriage (and a beautiful family to show for it!!!)

Old 06-27-2009, 08:53 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,077,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncgdad1 View Post
Hope to get some beach time in Ani, that's if the sun ever shows its face up there...I lived about 10 minutes from the beach before moving here...maybe I can bring them some sunshine from the Carolinas!!
I hope you will have some fun in the sun!!!! Take some of this heat with you, PLEASE!!!

Old 06-27-2009, 11:07 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,786,598 times
I was down in Rock Hill today & it was 105*...

Old 06-28-2009, 12:26 AM

1,908 posts, read 4,957,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan42 View Post
Members replied

I just don't understand how you "detect a strong undercurrent of discrimination" here on this forum board. What I do detect is perhaps a poster (you) that is not informed about the Charlotte community, reading the tone of a forum board, asking people to divulge very personal information about their finances, not familiar with a particular way of life that existed just a few decades ago, or life in an affluent community in CLT or other affluent communties across America today.

I'm a bit put off by this post and one or two others you have made, namely where you suggested CD people need"to get over themselves". Here you continue down a similar path by asking one to divulge their financial and educational background. A tad rude. You suggest that unless "one lived on a street" their information was of no value" Really? How do you come to that conclusion? Posters "here seem to be of the same opinion, unbalanced and biased opinions". WOW, welcome to the living room of CHARLOTTE City-Data.Did you forget this is a forum on living in Charlotte and it's easy to come to a consensus from people that live, work and play here? For a person that doesn't even live here that's a pretty damning statement I must say. No, you said it. Why, I again don't understand. And last and not least your last line of gibbrish that suggest unless we member give more of our personal information, we are in engaging in "calling the kettle black . .BS".

There's a chip on your shoulder, maybe a log, I see it but don't know why it's there. In time we'll figure it out.
Susan, rest assure other posters on board are a lot more gentle than me and they will smooth over any of the feathers I may have ruffled on your back.
You see, I say what's on my mine directly and forthright. Isn't that what you were asking for?

Have a bright Sunny Day,

je

Susan: Just about anything you would like to know about johne482 is contained in my 1896 posts (one way or another). The 3% I didn't divulge really have to do with things personal to me. ie: color of my underpants, how many mistresses, weight, use of condoms or not, STDs I might or might not have. You know, things like that. EVERYTHING else can be viewed or can be gleened by you on this public forum.
You really need to understand this forum better and what it can do for you. People are not here to hurt you or mislead you. Whatever your problems are I don't think they come as a result of advise from this board.
j

I could only imagine what it would be like to wake up to her each day.
Let's pray: Thank you Lord for these blessings you have given me and that I enjoy .....

j

John, your reference was so ambiguous ("her") . . . it sounds like you are talking about me!!!! I sure hope my hubby wouldn't say he wishes he didn't have to wake up w/ me beside him every morning.

would hope you know me better than THAT!!!. You, my dearest and closest friend. My first friend and advisor on CD. Shame on you!
Hey, do you remember when you told me to back off of Doorway when I said :" Don't get your panties in a knot"?

The reference was made to the one "across the pond" (her geo. description)

j

Well, I wondered

Just got back from fishing and saw the "affluent AA" thread was closed. Man, I could have made a $100 bet this morning when I left that would be the case.
If you ever wondered about the Pol. forum and how it gets heated up, well, the last page or two of the closed thread is a mild preview.

I predict the next thread to get closed is the one of ""Snobiness". Reason being one poster on there has lost her prescription for her meds and when she goes postal. . . good bye thread. Really doesn't matter as OP has never been back. Kinda like eat and run.

City-Data rocks for me. I get information,laughs, insight to people's lives,and a whole lot more.

j

In response

1. Snobs come in all shapes and sizes- you don't have to live in what is considered a snobby area to be one
2.To make personal comments about an individual who dares to express an opinion that is in opposition to the consensus opinion is ignorant and in poor taste and I am sure that if ,as an "outsider", I had made similar comments I would have been shot down in flames and the thread would have been locked.

3.Thinly veiled attempts by another member to make the personal comment seem ambiguous in order to prevent the thread being locked gives the impression that they feel the personal comment is appropriate.

4.In response to the posts "I could only imagine..............to wake up to her every day" and "Reason being one poster on there has lost her prescription for her meds............."- I did indeed need to get a prescription today- for an anti-emetic.I also bought a very large bucket from the DIY store.

6.If I only have a log on my shoulder then I am grateful for that,afterall, looks like trees are fairly common around here

I'm just so touched that John is still thinking about my panties 18 months after posting about them for the first time. I'm not surprised, I'm just touched.

Old 06-28-2009, 05:36 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,629,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
I'm just so touched that John is still thinking about my panties 18 months after posting about them for the first time. I'm not surprised, I'm just touched.
Eighteen months! Why it seems just like yesterday when I started thinking about them.LOL.

j

Old 06-28-2009, 05:59 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,346,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post

How did I miss this????

Old 06-28-2009, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
How did I miss this????
Probably b/c it got deleted??

Old 06-28-2009, 06:06 AM

Those were the days when I wrote sarcastic remarks. I have since mellowed out and have come to understand that there are MANY people out there that have a different viewpoint than me. Heck, just look at the last Pres. election.

Thinking of returning to my old self. Have set a goal of July 1 to return to JE of old. Right now I have set a goal of catching some fish with the 11am incoming tide. Bye.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte