Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2009, 07:52 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,401,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Now there's a plan . . .

The trick is to keep him addicted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 04:21 AM

7,041 posts, read 15,028,509 times
mornin' all...I was wrong. Gary's surgery is actually TODAY.

and, my son leaves for Peru TODAY

and, for the third: TODAY ends my participation in the project where I was answering phone calls from people who screamed at me. YEA!!

Big day.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:02 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,603,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
and, for the third: TODAY ends my participation in the project where I was answering phone calls from people who screamed at me. YEA!!

Big day.
Those projects are always the best, aren't they? I like the projects where you start doing hours and hours of work and then the project is cancelled.

Old 07-24-2009, 11:52 AM

1,039 posts, read 3,003,805 times
This forum seems to be the best place for me to say this...

There are PLENTY of times police officers are caught abusing their power. We have all seen video tapes that make us gasp is shock. Yes it is a problem that often has to do with race and there is no place for that behavior in our nation's police force.

BUT Mr. Obama, THIS IS NOT THE CASE IN CAMBRIDGE!! Shame on you for suggesting this officer acted in an inappropriate way. The bottomline is no person should aggresively approach a police officer. They are to be respected and following them around berating them is absolutely disorderly conduct. You owe this gentleman an apology and shame on you twice for laughing off your comment as if those words were not harmful to the safety of our officers who are on the streets everyday protecting us. Should they really have to choose between doing their job, keeping themselves and us safe, and not being called a racist? I sit and wait for and appropriate apology...

Old 07-24-2009, 12:33 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,401,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkleoni1 View Post
This forum seems to be the best place for me to say this...

There are PLENTY of times police officers are caught abusing their power. We have all seen video tapes that make us gasp is shock. Yes it is a problem that often has to do with race and there is no place for that behavior in our nation's police force.

BUT Mr. Obama, THIS IS NOT THE CASE IN CAMBRIDGE!! Shame on you for suggesting this officer acted in an inappropriate way. The bottomline is no person should aggresively approach a police officer. They are to be respected and following them around berating them is absolutely disorderly conduct. You owe this gentleman an apology and shame on you twice for laughing off your comment as if those words were not harmful to the safety of our officers who are on the streets everyday protecting us. Should they really have to choose between doing their job, keeping themselves and us safe, and not being called a racist? I sit and wait for and appropriate apology...

If I could really speak my mind I'd probably have the FBI beating down my door.

Old 07-24-2009, 01:42 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Here is my take on the Cambridge situation.

1. I only hope my neighbors would call if they saw someone they thought was breaking into my home

2. I only hope the Charlotte police would show up in time to do more than note that my house had been ripped off.

3. I have had cops scare the bejeebers outta me and I never lose track of the fact that they have guns, tasers and hand cuffs and I could get in big damn trouble for saying something smart ass to them like "I'll speak with yo momma outside" or whatever it was that the good Professor mouthed off.

Old 07-24-2009, 01:45 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Just got this in via email from a Kansas City friend, and found it thought provoking as well as offering a little chuckle:

Employment and urine tests

Like most folks in this country, I have a job. I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit.

In order to get that paycheck, my employer requires that I pass a random urine test (with which I have no problem). What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test.

So, here is my Question: Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check since I have to pass one to earn it for them?

Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sitting on their ass - doing drugs, while I work. . . . Can you imagine how much money each state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?

I guess we could title that program, 'Urine or You're Out'.

Old 07-24-2009, 05:57 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,028,509 times
Gary made it through the defrib installation (??) ok, sore, but, still alive. Group left for Peru, seemingly ok, and the project has ended.

WHEW. what's next?

Old 07-24-2009, 06:29 PM

1,039 posts, read 3,003,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
Gary made it through the defrib installation (??) ok, sore, but, still alive. Group left for Peru, seemingly ok, and the project has ended.

WHEW. what's next?
I say a nice bottle of wine or at least a cold beer.

Old 07-25-2009, 06:12 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,891,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Here is my take on the Cambridge situation.

1. I only hope my neighbors would call if they saw someone they thought was breaking into my home

2. I only hope the Charlotte police would show up in time to do more than note that my house had been ripped off.

3. I have had cops scare the bejeebers outta me and I never lose track of the fact that they have guns, tasers and hand cuffs and I could get in big damn trouble for saying something smart ass to them like "I'll speak with yo momma outside" or whatever it was that the good Professor mouthed off.
Reps to you and gkleoni! Totally unbecoming of a Harvard professor to be mouthing off like a gangbanger for starters!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte