Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2009, 06:57 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,826,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelleC View Post
I'm going to have to be more careful about my sense of humor at work. I forget that many of the "transplants" here don't know when us country bumpkins are joking.

I told my coyote story to my friend this morning when I got to work. Then I asked him if he wanted me to bring him some "Yotebobs". One of the innocent bystanders actually thought I was serious. Now she thinks I'm going to cook up some yotebobs, possum fritters and coon stew. I'm actually contemplating bringing some stuff in just to see if she'll taste it. This is going to be great!
That's hysterical!

My dad actually had a pet raccoon when he was about 17, don't forget this is in So Cal probably late 50's. Well, every once in a while Jake would sit on my dad's head while he was driving, so it looked like dad had a coon hat on. Mind you this is when the Davey Crocket series was on tv. So dad pulled up to a stop light and the guy in the car next to him glances over and dad's hat looks back! Dad said the look on the guys face was priceless.

Last edited by nascarnancy; 04-28-2009 at 07:21 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 07:16 AM

1,865 posts, read 5,377,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarnancy View Post
That's hysterical!

My dad actually had a pet raccoon when he was about 17, don't forget this is in So Cal probalby late 50's. Well, every once in a while Jake would sit on my dad's head while he was driving, so it looked like dad had a coon hat on. Mind you this is when the Davey Crocket series was on tv. So dad pulled up to a stop light and the guy in the car next to him glances over and dad's hat looks back! Dad said the look on the guys face was priceless.
ROTFLOL!! OMG Nancy, that's priceless!!!

Old 04-28-2009, 07:22 AM

197 posts, read 485,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarnancy View Post
That's hysterical!

My dad actually had a pet raccoon when he was about 17, don't forget this is in So Cal probalby late 50's. Well, every once in a while Jake would sit on my dad's head while he was driving, so it looked like dad had a coon hat on. Mind you this is when the Davey Crocket series was on tv. So dad pulled up to a stop light and the guy in the car next to him glances over and dad's hat looks back! Dad said the look on the guys face was priceless.

LMAO!!! I wish that woman who looked at me like I'd lost my mind when I told her I was going to make "yotebobs" could have seen that. It's the little things that really matter isn't it? <sigh> I'm having way too much fun today. I told my boss I wasn't in the mood to work and was going to "peruse" the web for a while. He told me he wasn't in the mood to work either and to get him a tee time. It's gonna be a great day!

Old 04-28-2009, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BxRosie View Post
ROTFLOL!! OMG Nancy, that's priceless!!!
Glad you liked the story.

Old 04-28-2009, 06:32 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,947,412 times

Old 04-28-2009, 06:39 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,033,451 times
Well, since we are sharing raccoon stories...

(and keep in mind that I grew up IN THE CITY, no suburbs, real, house-next to -house city)

Many years ago, I was talking with my parents on my weekly Sunday afternoon conversations and my father was all excited about the opossum he found sleeping by the basement door. (again, this is the CITY of Chicago; I am wondering where an opossum came from)...both of my parents were discussing what they would do if it burrowed under the back porch and thus into the insulation because that was what these things DID to hibernate...and, on and on. Mind you, my father had been to see me the summer before when I lived in Hubert, NC, a tiny town outside of Jacksonville, NC, so, he actually SAW opossums while he was there.

This went on for awhile and they were talking about how they called the city to come and get it, which they didn't show up to do...and, then they called the zoo, nobody was showing up to get his offending creature and they were terrified about the whole burrowing-in-the-insulation thing (that my father obviously made up). At the end of the conversation, my mother remarked..."oh, but, he is so cute with that little mask on his face"

PS: To my knowledge, opossums don't exist in the city. Raccoons can, because of the high propensity of garbage to be found and there are forest preserves for them to live in....but, opossums????

Old 04-28-2009, 07:46 PM

4,280 posts, read 11,313,267 times
999+ channels and absolutely nothing worth watching....

Old 04-28-2009, 07:54 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,033,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
Cubs are playing on WGN

Old 04-28-2009, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
Watched Idol, taping Housewives of NYC so I speed through commericals. Nothing else on so sent out some resumes for DH, so posting and job hunting with dear labby laying next to me.

I really had to laugh at the ny housewives last week. It was Jill's b-day and she had received really nice jewlery the year before so her and DH were cutting back due to the economy etc for this years b-day gift. So she bought a $16,000 purse and DH surprised her with the black Mercedes SUV that she wanted. Must be nice.

Old 04-28-2009, 08:37 PM

Ok, question for y'all. I finally received a message that somebody would like to be my friend, my first friend on the forum which is great. But what does it mean? What does it do? I've been poking around trying to figure it out but not seeing anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte