Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2009, 03:09 PM

2,115 posts, read 7,083,988 times

Advertisements

I'm not a Trekkie per se but I generally appreciate sci-fi - after hearing several (rave) reviews, I think the boys and me are going to have to see this one!

Mother's Day has been awesome - my DH and boys rock.

Only goof on my part was forgetting to make reservations for after church this morning and thinking me and my grandmother were going to actually be able to eat at Rippington's without any.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2009, 08:12 PM

825 posts, read 2,818,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Just got back from a very enjoyable theatre adventure . . . Star Trek kept my attention totally. I liked the special effects . . . plot was very interesting. Don't want to say too much as others may be seeing it later . . . The actors did a great job w/ portraying the gestures, mannerisms and voice inflections of the original Star Trek cast . . . so it was believable that I was seeing Kirk, Spock, Bones, Scotty, et al at a younger age.

The only disappointment was that I sat beside someone's 10 y/o ADHD kid who fidgeted, made noises and generally was about as annoying as a person can be. His dad kept telling him to cool it, but dang - this kid literally bounced in his chair, pulled at his pants, was up and down the whole time. SIGH. Some kids should either be left at home or put in seats at the end of an aisle.
My wife and another couple saw Shrek 3 on a Sunday morning....theater was nice and quiet.

I'm excited about seeing Wolverine, Star Trek and can't wait for Tron.

It's blurry but if you've ever imagined riding a light cycle...well, enjoy!

YouTube - Tron 2 (TR2N) Trailer from comic con SUBSCRIBE

Old 05-10-2009, 08:31 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,444,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinman View Post
My wife and another couple saw Shrek 3 on a Sunday morning....theater was nice and quiet.

I'm excited about seeing Wolverine, Star Trek and can't wait for Tron.

It's blurry but if you've ever imagined riding a light cycle...well, enjoy!

YouTube - Tron 2 (TR2N) Trailer from comic con SUBSCRIBE

Hey, Muffinman! Now, that would be some real eye candy on an IMAX screen!

Maybe I need to go to the movies on Sunday morning.

Old 05-11-2009, 04:26 AM

7,041 posts, read 15,027,604 times
mornin' all....looks like a nasty, rainy day out there. Be careful all!

Old 05-11-2009, 04:40 AM

852 posts, read 2,466,955 times
I have already been soaked. Out this morning for my constitutional with the dog and the rain came down in bucketfuls.

Old 05-11-2009, 04:57 AM

7,041 posts, read 15,027,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smclarke4 View Post
I have already been soaked. Out this morning for my constitutional with the dog and the rain came down in bucketfuls.
oh, dear. That is what woke me up, actually, the torrential rain!!

Old 05-11-2009, 05:51 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,824,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
oh, dear. That is what woke me up, actually, the torrential rain!!
Me too, man it was loud. I was was toast under the covers still.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:23 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,489,693 times
I know this rain is getting annoying but lets also remember the drought of 08 and be grateful

ooo Im going to soon enjoy the rivers probably floating down the yadkin next

Old 05-11-2009, 07:37 AM

197 posts, read 485,350 times
Good morning all. I go away for the weekend and Nancy has an accident, everyone is out seeing movies and Ani is ridding her neighborbood of nefarious rodents. Had a wonderful Mother's Day with DS. We grilled steaks, made tater salad, a nice green salad, garlic bread, grilled corn on the cob and had a nice coconut cake on Sunday. We invited my mother and my father and his wife along with all the family and a few friends. It made for a nice time.

Brian, thanks for the great movie review. I was doubting the critics and prepared to pass on the new Star Trek, but after reading your review I think will take a friend to see it this weekend.

Ani, hope you got your possum. You could save yourself the cost of a shell by luring it across the road. They don't seem to be able to make it.

Nancy, thoughts and prayers are with you. Hope all is well and glad you made it home.

EDIT: By the way, took my son (just turned six) into the woods for a walk this weekend. Something bit him on the back of his neck. I think it was probably a sweat bee. My son said, "Mom, I got bit. I think it was a Black Weirdo (Black Widow)." I'm still chuckling.

Old 05-11-2009, 08:56 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,444,534 times
We're still on possum watch. I only wish he would cross a street and become roadkill.

A black weirdo? ROFL!!! Kids are a hoot!

Sounds like a great weekend, Chelle!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte