Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2009, 10:45 AM

22,319 posts, read 29,407,323 times

Advertisements

lol interior
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 10:52 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,945,346 times
Hey you never know. You could have an affinity for heat & humidity.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:57 AM

22,319 posts, read 29,407,323 times
LOL Im painting my garage interior now and it looks festive! It was left in drywall stage when we purchased house so we got a 5 gallon drum of primer and had it tinted grey. I have a heavy duty garage fan that kept me cool with one garage door open. I can't finish the other side due to the HD being there but will finish Monday when the bike is moved. Im then having my floors epoxy painted with the crap we bought a year ago! I'll post pictures when done. Should be real nice!

Old 08-07-2009, 11:39 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,826,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
LOL Im painting my garage interior now and it looks festive! It was left in drywall stage when we purchased house so we got a 5 gallon drum of primer and had it tinted grey. I have a heavy duty garage fan that kept me cool with one garage door open. I can't finish the other side due to the HD being there but will finish Monday when the bike is moved. Im then having my floors epoxy painted with the crap we bought a year ago! I'll post pictures when done. Should be real nice!
OOOhhh, need pictures! Our garage is the same. The original owners never painted it. I would love to get the floor done too. Our poor garage is such a mess now, we can't get to anything and you have to side step in between the cars. In CA we had rafters in the garage so all the crapola was above. Now it's just stacked, it's driving me crazy.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:55 PM

1,865 posts, read 5,377,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
ROSIE!!!! have missed you!!!!

That's a big deal - getting around to all the campuses with your DS! How exciting!!! Ball State is a great place to get an education - have many friends who either went for undergrad or grad - and one friend w/ a doctorate . . . all loved Ball State. Luckily, the other schools you mentioned are good choices, as well - so your DS will get a great education - no matter what works out!

Hope things go well at booth #112!
Both campus' at WCU & ASU were beautiful, but they didn't offer any add'l info on their telecommunications dept., the same with ECU, but the ECU campus & surrounding area, !! It would have been nice to see the actual equipment used, studios, etc... I had asked ahead of time from all 3 schools about speaking with someone from the TCOM dept., but they never responded back to me about it. When w got there, they all siad just look it up online. Hello...I can do that anytime....can't see it in person over a computer.

Ball State just blew us away! We were there from 10 am until 3:30 pm. Not only did we get the regular presentation & tour, we also got a tour of the TCOM bldgs./David Letterman bldg., got to speak with "Dr. Joe" (chairman of the TCOM dept) & then we spoke wih someone from admissions. Needless to say, they have state-of-the-art equip., regular studios/sound stage, several broadcast studios, UN-FREAKI'- BELIEVABLE! What we also liked was the fact that the students start from freshman year with studies in their intended major. Every place else makes them wait at least a year, maybe two. The campus was very nice, nice/safe area, lots of stuff for the students. We even got a thank you card from the student who was out tour guide (only 2 families per guide). I emailed a thank you to Dr. Joe & he responded back to us. I think we're going back up nex month for their open house, we might even drag my cousin's daughter with us since she's looking to study film.

We're still looking, bit BSU is definitely the #1 choice so far.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Have fun with that!! I want to do the same with our garage...paint the walls & epoxy the floors...just need to get DH motivated. I'm still waiting for him the paint the bedroom from last Feb., lol!!

Old 08-07-2009, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
hi, Rosie..

we miss you, too!! Glad to hear that you are busy...hope that DS gets his first choice.

the meetup was good. Hope that you can make the next one!
Was there a good turn-out this time? We got back from NY that Tues. afternoon. What a mess we came home to...red ants had gotten into the house in a few spots. I know they were fire ants because I got about 10 bites on my hands trying to wipe them up after I Windexed them, lol. (Hey, it ws the first thing I could grab that was closest to me). We called Hometeam Pest right away & our guy Jim was there within 30 mins. No more fire ants in the house. After that was done, I had to go to Panthers for a 6:30 training class. What a day!

Old 08-07-2009, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
Hey Rosie my hard drive crashed about a month ago & the rest of my system was on the way out last week. So I upgraded to a Mac Pro 2.66ghz quad core system. I had to buy an ADC to DVI converter box for my monitor. When I went to the Apple Store to pick it up I saw a big sign announcing a tax free weekend starting today I think. I got my system on Wednesday.
Story of my life...tax free weekend & I don't have any $$$$, LOL!!

Old 08-07-2009, 02:55 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,826,415 times
Ugh, I was near the diet and fitness forum and someone's thread is being a size 2 but they have a little belly fat. I only wish that were my problem, I need to knock off 30. I do love the show Ruby on the style channel. She started out at 700 pounds and her last show this week she was below 340. And I am complaining about 30. She is losing her weight the old fashion way, diet and exercise, I think she's pretty inspiring.

Packing stuff up in the office, prepping for painting. Still trying to figure out what color I would like to paint my craft room? Hmmm....

Old 08-07-2009, 07:04 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,501,703 times
being that it is crafts go all the way
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte