U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2007, 04:40 AM

14 posts, read 37,828 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. I have been in the process to relocate from Florida to Charlotte hopefully by the end of the year. My son and I are making the trip to visit and get a "feel" of the city in 3 weeks. I;m looking more at the Matthews and Mint Hill area right now. Do any one know a good inexpensive hotel in Matthews? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2007, 06:15 AM

45,269 posts, read 88,624,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_roz View Post
Hello everyone. I have been in the process to relocate from Florida to Charlotte hopefully by the end of the year. My son and I are making the trip to visit and get a "feel" of the city in 3 weeks. I;m looking more at the Matthews and Mint Hill area right now. Do any one know a good inexpensive hotel in Matthews? Thanks.
There are several. I like The Best Western (2501 Sardis Rd N - next door to a Chilli's) and Hampton Inn (which is convenient for walking to a Bob Evans for a meal).

Old 03-28-2007, 06:45 AM

293 posts, read 867,297 times
We always stayed at the Country Inn & Suites on 74 (Independence) in Matthews. It's convenient to 485 and it's clean.

Old 03-28-2007, 09:50 AM

13 posts, read 41,243 times
Thumbs up Best Western

Good Morning:

The Best Western LovesMountains just mentioned is where I stayed two weeks ago when I made my 'debut vistit' to Charlotte.....Chilli's is next door and WalMart is down the road.......what more can you ask for

The hotel was inexpensive (used our AAA discount on top of the already reasonable rate) ....the Customer Service was superb, and the hotel was very clean! It's off of Independence Road on Sardis.......it may still be listed as a 'Quality Inn Suites'........but it's now a Best Western.......

I am from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (up north) and I tell you them Southerns are a different manKIND......a manKIND I got used to in the 3 days I was there! Everyone was so pleasant (well everyone I ran nto)! I LOVED IT! People weren't mean, they didn't walk around with attitudes, or wasn't confrontational. We were in and out of the Hotel several times a day......the same front desk person working greeted us as if he didn't just see us 10 minutes earlier--this was strange to me......but I LOVED IT! I kept telling my husband....I want to go home........get the kids and come back to STAY! Unfortunately....our my move won't be until January 2008......we are in the liquidation process now!

All in All........my stay was more than I imagined it to be.......it was GREAT! Thanks North Caroliners for this forum and your acts of manKINDESS!
Shelbi

Old 03-29-2007, 02:59 PM

44 posts, read 156,632 times
[quote=lovesMountains;505888]There are several. I like The Best Western (2501 Sardis Rd N - next door to a Chilli's)

Recently had clients stay there and there was no free breakfast, elevator broke multiple times while there and officed no business services as there fax and copier were out of toner entire week they were there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or