U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 09:09 PM

22,009 posts, read 27,305,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
OMG!!!!$$&$&* (#%)%) %^()#&#+%) (#*$&

NOT MORE YANKEES!!!

Someone close the border.

Hide yer daughters, tie up yer dawgs, bury the silver and load yer guns. The Yankees Are Comin'!!!

Yer momma told you they would come back someday and dang it . . . here they come - carpetbags a'draggin.
Circle the wagons, Ani! Let the kudzu grow up to screen the house from view! I'll send the neighborhood buzzards out to herd them to the eastern part of the state (with all of those empty roads)!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 09:19 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,205,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Circle the wagons, Ani! Let the kudzu grow up to screen the house from view! I'll send the neighborhood buzzards out to herd them to the eastern part of the state (with all of those empty roads)!
Now, there's a thought! Send them to Raleigh!!! Rocky Mount! Wilson! Wilmington! Wherever! Just not here!

I hear Goldsboro and Fayetteville are just dandy.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:24 PM

9,569 posts, read 27,062,456 times
Thumbs up You asked for it!

Quote:
Send them to Raleigh!!!
We have road signs up here in the Triangle directing all newcomers on down to Charlotte. Bev Perdue said that is what you guys wanted!

Sorry Ani, I couldn't resist!

Disclaimer: I am from NJ

Old 04-02-2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Now, there's a thought! Send them to Raleigh!!! Rocky Mount! Wilson! Wilmington! Wherever! Just not here!

I hear Goldsboro and Fayetteville are just dandy.
Lots of empty roads to the east, Ani! They'll be dazzled by the empty roads!

Old 04-02-2009, 09:31 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,291,328 times
Quote:
Lots of empty roads to the east, Ani! They'll be dazzled by the empty roads!

Honestly, more like dazzled by the lack of toll roads. After years of having to set toll money aside I still haven't gotten fully used to not having to.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
Honestly, more like dazzled by the lack of toll roads. After years of having to set toll money aside I still haven't gotten fully used to not having to.
I only paid tolls on the Delaware River bridges & always used the free roads, so never thought of that, Brian. +10

Maybe we can send someone up to VA to post signs saying "Follow 95 for ShopRite & free empty roads"

Old 04-02-2009, 11:03 PM

1,039 posts, read 2,673,126 times
Quote:
A Yankees hat?
No true Southerner would EVER wear a Yankee's hat!!!

hehehehe

Old 04-03-2009, 03:43 AM

876 posts, read 3,487,297 times
i'll offer my house to any NY'r, come on down!

Old 04-03-2009, 04:15 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,291,328 times
Quote:
I only paid tolls on the Delaware River bridges & always used the free roads, so never thought of that, Brian. +10

I used to have to set aside a minimum 6 dollars a week for tolls. That was the absolute cheapest it would cost me, mainly Parkway driving. No less than 24 bucks a month. If I had to rely on the Turnpike more due to an accident along the Parkway or some issue...

Old 04-03-2009, 04:17 AM

7,109 posts, read 9,743,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
John, you must not be from NY....

NY has ALWAYS been one of the highest taxed state in the union. Property taxes (esp on Long Island) are through the roof. Nothing has changed except Patterson is sticking it right now to the people who contribute the most tax revenues right now. Not good.....

NY'ers are very much responsible for the growth that many here enjoyed over the years. Yes, its a double edged sword, but it is what it is.....

Nothing has changed except NY'ers CAN'T sell their homes and move here. The desire has always been there. The slowdown has been going on since '05-'06 up there, and as expected we followed the slowdown when transplants couldn't sell.....
True Jack, about the difficulty of selling but the status quo will not continue.
When the NYer sells, walks, rents their house or any other configuration of leaving, they will leave. And yes, taxes are the highest in the nation but this time he went for the moon.This was "Let's bring in water board torture and see how many people we can get to move to CLT".

Understand that when I say "New Yorkers will be moving to CLT" I am referring to middle class (if there is such a thing anymore). Working people in the boros and Long Island that are struggling with property taxes equal to about one-half of the price of some of the foreclosure I am buying in CLT!
Home prices that one would think are mis-prints. Private education tuition bills that only people making high 6 figure incomes can afford. Well, you know the rest I don't need to preach to the congregation.

And again, this is only my opinion FWIW.
juohn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or