Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2009, 09:21 AM

92 posts, read 279,844 times

Advertisements

I am looking in Matthews or any nice neigbourhood with nice commute to work in CMC-union for single family rental house
I am moving June 15th and I can sign a contract now but will pay starting of June 15th, is it too early to start looking now? But I am willing to look in April, but still can delay looking till May if it is not possible to lease from now.

I am looking for a nice single family house with 3 or more bedrooms 4 is better, and neighbourhood is key to me and my wife.
Our range is 1250-2000$,,, and of course comfort zone is gonna be 1500-1750 a month

by the way where does Matthews stand in regards to being a nice neighbourhood if compared to South park, and Ballantyne and Mint hill?

soooma
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2009, 10:33 AM

1,116 posts, read 2,962,416 times
Start looking now. Because you're looking for a higher end rental, it's going to be in your best interest to look early.

I really like living in Matthews. It's safe, really convenient, and you get all the perks of small town while still having literally everything close by. I'm not sure about how it compares to South Park/Ballantyne aside from the fact that the traffic I feel isn't as bad. There is definitely the Independence rush hour, which is annoying, but it seems that the roadways are a lot more straightforward here. I always seem to get lost in South Park. I also know a lot of people are moving from Mint Hill to Matthews, but that's about all I can say about Mint Hill.

Old 04-04-2009, 10:44 AM

769 posts, read 2,219,284 times
It seems like Mint Hill houses consist mostly of either smaller, older homes (with larger lots) or new larger, fancy homes (on smaller lots). Plus, it still very much has the "small town" feel, which is why we moved here. There are plenty of grocery stores and several restaurants close, but for most everything else we end up going to Matthews.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte