Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2007, 06:53 PM

108 posts, read 375,637 times

Advertisements

Hi,

My husband loves to play sports and I think its a great way to meet new people! Was wondering if there are any groups out there playing these sports on a regular basis? He would really prefer not to be on a formal league(too competitive and more commitment), just a group which plays casually, but often.

Oh, and it should be around fort mill area, or within 20 min drive of there.

Thanks guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2007, 06:57 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,804,292 times
Not so much cricket but Soccer (football) is pretty strong. I would not play on S. Blvd. I play off WT Harris on a Rec league.

www.charlottesportscenter.com

Old 04-10-2007, 07:37 AM

478 posts, read 2,040,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteAgent View Post
Not so much cricket but Soccer (football) is pretty strong. I would not play on S. Blvd. I play off WT Harris on a Rec league.

www.charlottesportscenter.com
Is there any cricket you know of? Thanks!

Old 04-10-2007, 08:04 AM

2,314 posts, read 2,804,292 times
Hey Muse1110 I do not play cricket or really was in to it much growing up. I am not sure how the venue here is. I have talked with some other English folks through my son's soccer team who are also into it so maybe there is some hope.

Old 04-10-2007, 08:34 AM

193 posts, read 243,423 times
Charlotte also has a few rugby clubs.

Old 04-10-2007, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Muse and Duke are completely different people.
Thanks. And yes, we are. Happy for moderator to compare my IP address, ISP provider, etc with DUKE1989's and let everyone know.

Old 04-10-2007, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Hey Muse1110 I do not play cricket or really was in to it much growing up. I am not sure how the venue here is. I have talked with some other English folks through my son's soccer team who are also into it so maybe there is some hope.
Great! It's such an int'l sport, as you know well, I think more kids should at least have the option to play in the U.S. Plus, such a fascinating history of race, class issues in cricket...would be good for kids to learn about that, especially in the current culture climate in the States.

Old 04-16-2007, 03:19 PM

8,953 posts, read 4,252,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muse1110 View Post
Thanks. And yes, we are. Happy for moderator to compare my IP address, ISP provider, etc with DUKE1989's and let everyone know.
What's with that recent paranoia here? We have a couple of means of establishing multiple accounts, not only by IPs. Such accounts are detected and removed. Do not resort to such accusations when you've run out of arguments in your debates, please.

For the last time: muse and DUKE are two different people. Does it make it clear enough? Move on with the discussion now, please, or this thread will be closed.

Old 07-31-2007, 09:48 PM

38 posts, read 115,435 times
Default cricket

hi getmeoutofnj,
i was just browsing all the threads and i came across yours.
i could give the info that i came across doing web search for charlotte area.
there are 2 cricket clubs listed---- steele creek and south park cricket clubs.

Steele Creek Cricket Club
Cricket is played every Sunday morning at the Steele Creek Athletic Association complex at 13530 Choate Circle, (weather permitting) from 8:00 am to 11:00 am. This group is dedicated to playing cricket with a hard tennis ball and/or soft baseball (also known as T-Ball) for fun in the Steele Creek Area of Charlotte. If you would like to stay informed about this club or would like to play or watch cricket, feel free to join and share your ideas. For information on current hours of play, location, and contacts. Website:
Steele Creek Cricket Club, Charlotte, North Carolina

South Park Cricket Club
South Park Cricket Club is a member of Mid Atlantic Cricket Conference since 2002. Since its inception, SPCC has been striving continuously and incessantly to promote the game of cricket not just locally, but in and around the Piedmont land area itself. The management and the team, strongly backed by its advisors is involved in actively touring cricket clubs, in and around Carolinas, participating in tournaments and friendly matches aimed at promoting awareness in the general, about the game of cricket. SPCC had a fruitful cricketing season last year and are looking forward to better performances, ratings and standing in the league this season. If you are interested in playing cricket for South Park CC, or just coming out to watch a game, attend either a scheduled match or practice session. Matches on most Saturdays and Sundays from mid-March until late-October. Practice sessions are scheduled on weekday evenings and weekends. SPCC is based in Charlotte , NC and its home ground is located at the Reedy Creek Park. SPCC currently has over 25 members in the club and encourage new players to join the club. Details: South Park Cricket Club - Charlotte, NC.

hope this helps if you are still looking into this
found one more

United Cricket Club
Forming a team this March of experienced as well as beginners that love cricket. Team will play in the Atlantic League. Practice is every Sunday at Reedy Creek Park (11 to 4pm). Contact: Capt Syed at (704)-712-6106 or Vice Capt. Ejaz (704)-996-5500. Learn how to play cricket at the United Cricket academy. Sunday and Monday evenings for ages 15 and up. Join the fun. call for details
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte