U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-06-2009, 11:45 AM

1,894 posts, read 3,953,428 times

Advertisements

So they reduced the rafting rate to the original $49 price again? Last I looked, the Friday-Sunday rate was getting out of control at $69 each. The original $49 each was manageable. Add to that, the new $5 parking fee...my future at the center was bleak. What are the stipulations to the $49 pass? Weekday only?
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 12:42 PM

345 posts, read 508,203 times
I'm curious about rafting prices too. I've been a couple of times (once to hike, once to raft). First time I went, no parking fee with the hike. Second time I had to absorb the parking fee and the rafting fee. Was really steep. Kind of priced me out of doing it again.

I don't know what they are going to do with the Center. If they underprice, they don't make enough money to cover their massive debt. If they overprice, they lose out on potential customers like myself.

Also, as others have mentioned, there are so many free places to hike/bike around the Charlotte area, its hard to justify paying anything to do it. The hiking at the Whitewater center isn't all that good anyways, compared to a trip to Crowders for example.

Old 04-06-2009, 12:43 PM

1,411 posts, read 2,351,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native_Son View Post
As far as I know there has never been a charge to bike. If so, it's new this year.
Aw, looks like I missed my chance then. Because it's definitely listed under the sports available for a "OneSport" pass.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:16 PM

3,404 posts, read 3,991,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timm View Post
Aw, looks like I missed my chance then. Because it's definitely listed under the sports available for a "OneSport" pass.
One call cleared it all! NO charge to bike... But you will pay to park. If you go often enough the annual parking pass for $35 is the way to go.

I'm telling you guys... It's like an amusement park for active adults! I don't know that I'd choose it as the best place to "hike", but there's no place in charlotte I'd choose for that anyway...

I think the $49 pass is the same on weekends.

Old 04-06-2009, 03:07 PM

1,894 posts, read 3,953,428 times
$49 is a fair price, to me...ESPECIALLY if it includes unlimited use of all the activities listed. I'm skeptical about it being unlimited rafting though...but will be pleasantly surprised if I'm wrong!

I actually got to raft for $29 a while back. Some organization had a coupon for it. The Center obviously didn't like it since they gave so much grief when I called to make a reservation...and I haven't seen one since then!

Old 04-06-2009, 03:08 PM

1,852 posts, read 3,404,803 times
We should do a Meet up there. I will go hiking on some random Saturday.

Old 04-06-2009, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallisteve View Post
$49 is a fair price, to me...ESPECIALLY if it includes unlimited use of all the activities listed. I'm skeptical about it being unlimited rafting though...but will be pleasantly surprised if I'm wrong!

I actually got to raft for $29 a while back. Some organization had a coupon for it. The Center obviously didn't like it since they gave so much grief when I called to make a reservation...and I haven't seen one since then!
I remember rafting during the week when they first opened for $35, which seemed pretty reasonable. I was quite surprised when they jacked the price so severely.

To be honest, I still think they should offer a rafting-only pass for something in the $30 range... but if you can take the time to do a couple activities the $49 gets a lot more attractive. I'm almost tempted to go ahead and pick up the $140 all-sport season pass just to have on hand... it'd be a good excuse to start climbing again...

Old 04-06-2009, 03:29 PM

1,411 posts, read 2,351,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native_Son View Post
One call cleared it all! NO charge to bike... But you will pay to park. If you go often enough the annual parking pass for $35 is the way to go.
! Thanks! One of these days I'll get out there for the trails.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whytewulf View Post
We should do a Meet up there. I will go hiking on some random Saturday.
That's a darned good idea. I'd consider doing it, depending on what I had going on the random Saturday chosen.

Old 04-06-2009, 03:39 PM

690 posts, read 830,171 times
We bought an annual parking pass...great spot to go just to watch everything going on, walk the little one around, etc. Lots of kids out biking, climbing on the small rocks, etc - great family environment. Restaurant there is really good, too.

Agree that the unlimited option is a great deal.

Old 04-06-2009, 03:52 PM

After you get fired up at the park, you can join me on my next trip... here's a pic from this past weekend...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte