Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 08:40 AM

58 posts, read 138,425 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

im a regular kayaker at the park and just wanted to people to know about the unreal deal they are doing this year.

For $49 can buy a day pass to do any activity you want at the park other than kayaking. For $139 you can buy a YEAR PASS.

There are several different options so check it out...

i couldnt believe what i was hearing yesterday when they told me what they were doing, but here it is...

AllSport Passes (http://www.usnwc.org/AllSport-Passes.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 10:11 AM

3,774 posts, read 8,195,444 times
This is an awesome deal. I normally only visit to kayak, but I will be purchasing my allsport pass to make it cheaper to drag all my friends out there for climbing, high ropes and rafting.

We as Charlotteans have a great resource here that just needs a little more exposure... y'all get off yer' couches and FIRE IT UP!!!! If anyone wants to check it out sometime and get the scoop from someone who has used the park a fair bit (me), then just send a DM... I'm always looking for an excuse to go out there.

Last edited by Native_Son; 04-06-2009 at 10:30 AM..

Old 04-06-2009, 10:20 AM

1,808 posts, read 6,495,433 times
OK, for those of us who are chicken (like me!! LOL), if you just want to go for a day hike, do you just pay the parking fee?

Old 04-06-2009, 10:24 AM

just pay parking... or better yet, meet me out there and let me talk you into taking the plunge. If you can bend over and touch your shins you're in good enough shape to have a blast rafting.

Seriously though... half the battle is just getting out there and watching the people do it. Having someone explain the park in more in-depth fashion may answer lingering questions about your safety and may be that little extra boost of confidence you need to become a whitewater addict (or a climbing nut, or a mtn. biking guru, etc...)

Old 04-06-2009, 10:25 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctribucher View Post
OK, for those of us who are chicken (like me!! LOL), if you just want to go for a day hike, do you just pay the parking fee?
That's right But hey, try working your courage up to raft, it is so much fun!! What I like about it over rafting in a real river is that it is so much safer, no underwater rocks to get stuck under or break a bone on, lol!

If you prefer a slower trip, consider the sunset kayak trips they offer on the Catawba River, really nice

Old 04-06-2009, 10:26 AM

1,456 posts, read 4,143,524 times
Quote:
^You would think so, but I'd call first. I'm actually pretty shocked that they have mountain biking included under the One Sport pass thingie. $25 for a day of mountain biking seems outrageous to me, unless they're throwing in a meal. And maybe a bike. Are they throwing in a meal and a bike? If not I guess I'll stick to Renassaince Park, for free.

Old 04-06-2009, 10:29 AM

As far as I know there has never been a charge to bike. If so, it's new this year.

Old 04-06-2009, 10:31 AM

Oh boy, Native_Son and lovesMountains, you are really getting to me! I'm sure if I met you both out there you'd talk me in to it.

I'm hoping (hoping hoping hoping!!!!) that something comes out of DH's job interview today. If he gets this job, a day trip to the whitewater center might be our celebration and stress reliever. Right now, it's just not in our budget, even with the great deals they are offering. I was thinking if we go for a day hike we could check out the facility on the super-cheap, and maybe learn a little something to boot.

Old 04-06-2009, 10:34 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Oh boy, Native_Son and lovesMountains, you are really getting to me! I'm sure if I met you both out there you'd talk me in to it.

I'm hoping (hoping hoping hoping!!!!) that something comes out of DH's job interview today. If he gets this job, a day trip to the whitewater center might be our celebration and stress reliever. Right now, it's just not in our budget, even with the great deals they are offering. I was thinking if we go for a day hike we could check out the facility on the super-cheap, and maybe learn a little something to boot.
Fingers and toes crossed for the job!!! It really is a great place to go for the day. I love to just sit next to the water and watch all the rafts go by - you can get THISCLOSE to the water to see and laugh at all the peoples facial expressions as they go by, LOL!

Old 04-06-2009, 10:36 AM

^^^ Thank you, loves!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte