U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 10:13 AM

58 posts, read 150,889 times

Advertisements

Whenever I have visitors in town, I like bringing them to the Lazy 5 Ranch...it's a BLAST:

Lazy5Ranch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2009, 10:19 AM

165 posts, read 506,313 times
Some Free Ideas:

UNCC Botanical Gardens
Picnic or hike in Reddy Creek park on some of the many others
Walk around downtown and visit historic 4th ward

Concord mills is ok to walk around but packed on the weekend. Dave and busters is always fun and they have specials and online coupons for games and food.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:21 AM

22,974 posts, read 58,475,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amour217 View Post
Whenever I have visitors in town, I like bringing them to the Lazy 5 Ranch...it's a BLAST:

Lazy5Ranch
I highly like this idea it can be short and fun for adults just make sure they each hold on to their feed buckets. The animals are smart.

Then I would suggest riding over to Spencer (it not to far from Lazy 5)
Make the men happy by visiting Spencer Transportation Museum

both are extremely affordable

Old 04-07-2009, 10:39 AM

165 posts, read 506,313 times
I hadn't heard of Lazy 5 Ranch until I saw these posts. I am trying to get on the website but I keep getting an error message. My mom is coming to visit for two weeks and I would love to take her there. I just want to be able to access the website for info.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:53 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,349,611 times
Quote:
The Lazy 5 Ranch is a privately owned exotic animal drive thru park that offers a 3.5 mile safari through the gently sloping pasturelands of Piedmont, North Carolina. While visiting at the Lazy 5 Ranch you will have the opportunity to view over 750 animals from six different continents. You can see these animals from the safety of your own car or call for reservations on our horse drawn wagons. And be sure to bring your camera. This is a drive-through experience unique in North Carolina. There is no other collection of animals like this in the Southeast. Other areas of interest at the Lazy 5 Ranch include petting areas, a black smith shop, gift store, horse barn, play ground and picnic areas.
Thats from the front of their page. Should give you a better idea

Old 04-07-2009, 11:05 AM

22,974 posts, read 58,475,137 times
Here is a short video I did at the park . The camera battery died before I reached the giraffes.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:40 AM

777 posts, read 2,272,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLaw82 View Post
I hadn't heard of Lazy 5 Ranch until I saw these posts. I am trying to get on the website but I keep getting an error message. My mom is coming to visit for two weeks and I would love to take her there. I just want to be able to access the website for info.
Lazy 5 Ranch is the best hidden treasure in Charlotte. I have taken my almost three year old daughter (and the inlaws) about 4 times a year and she LOVES it.

Spend the extra bucks and do the wagon ride. They do a good job of telling you what the animals are and you get to keep the food out of your car!

If the inlaws like this kind of thing, it is well worth the $13!

Old 04-07-2009, 11:57 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,066,620 times
Take a hot lap around Lowe's Motor Speedway, the have a van that takes you out. I think it's $5 per person. I haven't even done that yet, hmmm.

I always 2nd the Biltmore Estate, it's just so impressive and guests love it.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:30 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,302,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Here is a short video I did at the park . The camera battery died before I reached the giraffes.
Sunny that was great!!! Who IS that adorable child???

Old 04-07-2009, 02:33 PM

210 posts, read 540,472 times
NC Transportation Museum is in Spencer -- really mostly railroad stuff, but also some airplane stuff. Pretty cool place if it's a nice day, since some is outside. About 45 mins north of here near Salisbury. It's in the old Spencer Shops, one of the biggest steam locomotive facilities in the South.

Welcome to the North Carolina Transportation Museum
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or