U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 07:31 AM

973 posts, read 2,968,121 times

Advertisements

I would ask that the groomer pay for all the flyers and have their staff help canvass the area to find the dog. It is the very least they could do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 07:58 AM

5,975 posts, read 17,564,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Ummmm if a boarding facility lost my animal, there would be beyond hell to pay.

Please keep up posted. Good luck
You got that right, himain. And why on earth would they remove the dog's collar to board him?

Old 04-08-2009, 09:37 AM

19,817 posts, read 55,828,607 times
Almost all places do, inclduing the vets I have used. Some dogs can get their collar caught on the wire of the cage and strangle. It's a very common practice and one of several reasons I use pet sitters in my house.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:40 AM

45,270 posts, read 88,364,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
Almost all places do, inclduing the vets I have used. Some dogs can get their collar caught on the wire of the cage and strangle. It's a very common practice and one of several reasons I use pet sitters in my house.
Another good reason to always get your pets chipped!!

I can't wait to hear that this little dog has been found!

Old 04-09-2009, 10:04 AM

11 posts, read 24,780 times
Default Update

Thank you everyone! I am still heartbroken!
[SIZE=2]Wanted to give a quick update. The tracker was out Wednesday night and picked up her sent on Redcoat and followed it backwards. She thinks Kasey came through the cemetery off Sharon Amity and crossed Rama underneath the road via the creek. It is possible she is bedding down in the cemetery but did not see her and she isnt sure if the scent was fresh because, with it being windy, it apparently throws everything off.I went to talk to the funeral director and they are going to show their maintenance people and post the flyers. The tracker will be back out Friday. I am getting worried that there have not been any other sightings. I hope, that if someone took her in, they will know enough to check the lost and found or notify animal control of a found pet[/SIZE]

Old 04-09-2009, 10:29 AM

169 posts, read 411,969 times
I am still thinking good thoughts here in Maryland for a quick homecoming, but when you get a chance can you tell us what a tracker is and how you got it.
Also, I don't know anything about twitter or tweeting, but understand you can reach a lot of people in a short period of time with it. Maybe if there is a middle or high school in the area you could get a student to tweet to their friends and ask them to pass the message along.

Old 04-09-2009, 10:32 AM

45,270 posts, read 88,364,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N2ition2000 View Post
Thank you everyone! I am still heartbroken!
[SIZE=2]Wanted to give a quick update. The tracker was out Wednesday night and picked up her sent on Redcoat and followed it backwards. She thinks Kasey came through the cemetery off Sharon Amity and crossed Rama underneath the road via the creek. It is possible she is bedding down in the cemetery but did not see her and she isnt sure if the scent was fresh because, with it being windy, it apparently throws everything off.I went to talk to the funeral director and they are going to show their maintenance people and post the flyers. The tracker will be back out Friday. I am getting worried that there have not been any other sightings. I hope, that if someone took her in, they will know enough to check the lost and found or notify animal control of a found pet[/SIZE]
Will Kasy come when called? If I called to her as a stranger would she be likely to run or come?

I have a few hours this afternoon, I'm going to go out to the area and look around for you.

Old 04-09-2009, 10:33 AM

279 posts, read 978,522 times
I saw a notice yesterday at a gas station in Weddington about a found dog, white with brown ears, and went to get the #, but the notice said it was a male. Still thinking good thoughts, though ... best of luck with the tracker, I hope they can find her soon!!

Old 04-09-2009, 11:24 AM

510 posts, read 1,841,224 times
I've received two phone calls from find toto dot org. One was just today for a dog that is missing in my area (28269), the other was a couple months ago for an owner whose two dogs were lost - in the end both were found. The service calls the homes of the surrounding area where the dog or cat was lost. It's nice that this forum and craigslist are free, as the find toto organization looks like they charge about $100 for this service. But just another option. It always saddens my heart when animals are lost, I really hope you find her soon. One good thing is that the weather is warming up.

One more thing, when you find her, talk to the vet about leptospirosis, it is a potentially fatal bacterial disease that damages the liver and kidneys of dogs, humans and other animals. If the disease is caught in time it can be successfully treated with penicillin and -- when the kidneys have recovered -- with a lengthy course of tetracycline drugs.

What causes leptospirosis?
Leptospirosis is caused by spirochete (or spiral-shaped) bacteria called leptospires. The leptospires live in fluids from infected animals, including urine, saliva, blood and milk. The disease-causing organisms are transmitted by direct contact with the fluids or with an infected animal, as well as by indirect contact, including contamination on vegetation, food and water, soil and bedding materials. The disease may be carried for years in animals that serve as host reservoirs without the animals showing clinical signs of the disease. The leptospires enter the body through mucous membranes or through breaks in the skin.
Where are leptospires found?
The leptospires cannot survive for long outside their ideal environment: water or other fluids, moderate temperatures around 25 degrees Celsius (77 degrees Fahrenheit) and neutral or slightly alkaline pH. Stagnant water or slowly flowing streams may carry the leptospires; worldwide, leptospirosis infection increases with flooded conditions. Leptospires are known to survive in urine-soaked soil for six months. Summer and early fall are the most likely times for leptospirosis transmission to dogs.
What are the symptoms of leptospirosis? In general, the disease resembles the flu with fever, headache, chills and myalgia (muscle pain). Dog owners may notice vomiting, lethargy, depression, muscle pain and sometimes diarrhea or bloody urine in the pets. The disease damages the liver and kidneys and, if untreated, may cause death.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:45 AM

11 posts, read 24,780 times
Default Kasey

In response to the one question, our tracker is a certified search and rescue lady that we hired to find Kasey. She has four tracker dogs that sniff out Kasey's scent and try to create some sort of pattern or trail. She is going out tonight and tomorrow so I will let you know the results! Thank you LovesMountains for the help. I just went out on my lunch break too. She is skittish but she may be so tired of being out that she may come! Just crouch down and speak nice. Last seen on Redcoat at Rama but she could have moved. Just keep your eye out if you could! Thanks to all of you for your support!
Attached Thumbnails
LOST! White Jack Russell Mix  Rama Road/Monroe Road/SHaron Amity-picture-062.jpg   LOST! White Jack Russell Mix  Rama Road/Monroe Road/SHaron Amity-kasey-office-5-08.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte