Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 01:45 PM

223 posts, read 529,143 times

Advertisements

If you can afford it.....paying your huge ass electric bill, the housekeeper to clean all the rooms that you can't use, buying furniture to furnish. You would probably have to charge a memebership to your gym to pay for the upkeep alone. If the financial crisis has taught us anything, it is to buy what you can afford!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 02:43 PM

494 posts, read 1,341,811 times
Hey....lots of great houses out there right now at a very affordable price!! Go for it if you can!

Old 04-09-2009, 03:42 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,025,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XcapefromNJ View Post
If you can afford it - and I mean really afford it, not simply qualify, and the home has all the features that you want and it is in the location you want; what I am saying is, if the house is a place where you would enjoy living comfortably, then by all means buy it!! And don't worry too much if prices continue a bit lower because you will be living where you want to be in a beautiful home, cooking and eating on your expansive deck overlooking the golf course (or lake), soaking in your hot tub, using a different bathroom every day of the week, getting lost in your walk-in closets, swimming in your pool, working out in your gym, and otherwise enjoying this great house!!
OH, that sounds sooooo nice!! I'll have one on the value menu for $400,000. Up-size the fries with that please.

Old 04-09-2009, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
OH, that sounds sooooo nice!! I'll have one on the value menu for $400,000. Up-size the fries with that please.

Old 04-14-2009, 01:27 AM

65 posts, read 158,095 times
Speaking of realtor did you steal the sales pitch from one.. or ARE you one?

Old 04-14-2009, 07:02 AM

4,280 posts, read 11,258,149 times
I just hope a few years from now we do not see a mini housing bust.
In other words, people who NOW can get into their dream McMansion, only to find later they cannot afford to heat/cool or maintain the place (appliances, landscaping, roof, etc). Americans, as a whole, have no concept of saving for that proverbial rainy day.

I took some ribbing at one house in the area because I had a signed up for a full termite service and contract.
Living here forever I know what can happen.
A few years later my transplant neighbor was not laughing at his $25K+ under house wood damage displacing his family for over a week.
It was a real mess.

Last edited by mullman; 04-14-2009 at 07:16 AM..

Old 04-14-2009, 08:48 AM

76 posts, read 187,942 times
I think a lot of people (including me) prefer Union County to Lincoln, Gaston and Cabarrus. A lot of pro athletes live in Waxhaw and Marvin and it's conveniently located next to Ballantyne.Just my .02

Old 04-14-2009, 08:59 AM

1,367 posts, read 5,717,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XcapefromNJ View Post
If you can afford it - and I mean really afford it, not simply qualify, and the home has all the features that you want and it is in the location you want; what I am saying is, if the house is a place where you would enjoy living comfortably, then by all means buy it!! And don't worry too much if prices continue a bit lower because you will be living where you want to be in a beautiful home, cooking and eating on your expansive deck overlooking the golf course (or lake), soaking in your hot tub, using a different bathroom every day of the week, getting lost in your walk-in closets, swimming in your pool, working out in your gym, and otherwise enjoying this great house!!
Yep, buy that huge house for your family of four, then next winter post a thread here titled "$700 Gas Bill - Is This Normal?!"

Old 04-14-2009, 09:00 AM

4,280 posts, read 11,258,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNaomi View Post
Yep, buy that huge house for your family of four, then next winter post a thread here titled "$700 Gas Bill - Is This Normal?!"
LOL, exactly my point!

Old 04-14-2009, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
LOL, exactly my point!
GREAT POINT...IT takes a lot to keep up a large home!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: