U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 08:36 AM

92 posts, read 244,190 times

Advertisements

Just checked out the $1m homes for sale in Union County and wow, you can get an amazing deal there now on homes that are almost new or new in one of those incredible neighborhoods - you know the ones I'm talking about. I think the luxury market Union County is about to be reborn you guys!!!!! People paid so much money for these palacial homes 2 years ago and now they are like buying the best stocks on the low and watching them go sky high in the next 10 years. Anyone planning on living here for more than 10 years could get the most incredible deal right now. The attraction of course is also the excellent schools and the rural feel to Union County but I just hope there is a multi millionaire out there who is looking to buy a mega home for all his/her friends as this is the place to buy. The only problem for me would be how many can I tour before I decide to buy - is that a realtor's nightmare or what????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 08:45 AM

79 posts, read 212,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uk2va2nc View Post
Just checked out the $1m homes for sale in Union County and wow, you can get an amazing deal there now on homes that are almost new or new in one of those incredible neighborhoods - you know the ones I'm talking about. I think the luxury market Union County is about to be reborn you guys!!!!! People paid so much money for these palacial homes 2 years ago and now they are like buying the best stocks on the low and watching them go sky high in the next 10 years. Anyone planning on living here for more than 10 years could get the most incredible deal right now. The attraction of course is also the excellent schools and the rural feel to Union County but I just hope there is a multi millionaire out there who is looking to buy a mega home for all his/her friends as this is the place to buy. The only problem for me would be how many can I tour before I decide to buy - is that a realtor's nightmare or what????
Even if you paid a million, would you want to do that if prices are still dropping like a rock? I surely wouldn't. As for going sky high in 10 years, I doubt that as well. Charlotte is known for its buyers wanting new construction and as a result those 10 year old houses will have to be severely discounted to compete with the latest and greatest.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:46 AM

2,447 posts, read 6,642,987 times
Only see in the movies? The same could be said about other counties as well. For example, Cabarrus, Lincoln and Gaston all have $1M+ homes in areas with excellent schools and the rural feel. I am I missing something?

Old 04-08-2009, 08:52 AM

4,280 posts, read 10,034,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCgirl View Post
Only see in the movies? The same could be said about other counties as well. For example, Cabarrus, Lincoln and Gaston all have $1M+ homes in areas with excellent schools and the rural feel. I am I missing something?
Compared to the Union County boom, you guys are only missing the traffic.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:02 AM

92 posts, read 244,190 times
Aww, you guys, you're only missing the most wonderful lifestyle ideas I can think of. Have you driven around these neighborhoods, they are just amazing. Nothing's selling, so let's all stick our head's in the sand and complain about it and yeah what about all the car's on the road too!!! It's so depressing reading all your negative posts. Ah well, I'll take my smiley spring face someplace else, cya

Old 04-08-2009, 01:14 PM

6 posts, read 12,423 times
You can tour as many as you like!!! Most Realtors do not mind showing you properties as long as you sign on with one of them, as a buyers agent they will keep showing until you decide to buy. The great thing about that is the seller pays the buyers agent and you get the representation for free as a buyer. Keep looking there are a ton of great properties in Union,Mecklenburg and Cabarrus county.
High end listings are virtually at a stand still compared to the past few years and jumbo loans just took a turn around so all the favor is on your side.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:31 PM

431 posts, read 1,498,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokerjames View Post
You can tour as many as you like!!! Most Realtors do not mind showing you properties as long as you sign on with one of them, as a buyers agent they will keep showing until you decide to buy. The great thing about that is the seller pays the buyers agent and you get the representation for free as a buyer. Keep looking there are a ton of great properties in Union,Mecklenburg and Cabarrus county.
High end listings are virtually at a stand still compared to the past few years and jumbo loans just took a turn around so all the favor is on your side.

What "turn around" have the Jumbo's taken?

Old 04-08-2009, 01:51 PM

4,280 posts, read 10,034,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by u120 View Post
what "turn around" have the jumbo's taken?
+1

Old 04-08-2009, 02:36 PM

1,343 posts, read 2,914,475 times
If you can afford it - and I mean really afford it, not simply qualify, and the home has all the features that you want and it is in the location you want; what I am saying is, if the house is a place where you would enjoy living comfortably, then by all means buy it!! And don't worry too much if prices continue a bit lower because you will be living where you want to be in a beautiful home, cooking and eating on your expansive deck overlooking the golf course (or lake), soaking in your hot tub, using a different bathroom every day of the week, getting lost in your walk-in closets, swimming in your pool, working out in your gym, and otherwise enjoying this great house!!

Old 04-08-2009, 03:22 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,016,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XcapefromNJ View Post
If you can afford it - and I mean really afford it, not simply qualify, and the home has all the features that you want and it is in the location you want; what I am saying is, if the house is a place where you would enjoy living comfortably, then by all means buy it!! And don't worry too much if prices continue a bit lower because you will be living where you want to be in a beautiful home, cooking and eating on your expansive deck overlooking the golf course (or lake), soaking in your hot tub, using a different bathroom every day of the week, getting lost in your walk-in closets, swimming in your pool, working out in your gym, and otherwise enjoying this great house!!
Sounds great to me! I truly do wish I had sold my house and were renting cause I have seen so many great buys on properties, too! There are some amazing deals out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or