Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 06:33 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,957,136 times

Advertisements

Ok I asked for a referral before for my nails and got nothing I guess I'm only only one on this site that gets my nails done but now I'll see if I get any suggestions for my hair. I need a cut and color. Anyone? I know some of you get hair cuts and color...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2007, 08:52 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,914,420 times
Nails: There is a salon in Birkdale Village, facing the movie theater. I go there as well as the nail place on 73 in a building between the Turn 4 pizza and the new pasta to go place...the building is between Kenton Place and Westmoreland Rd. Finally, I also go to the new nail salon next to the new Harris Teeter on Highway 73 past Birkdale.

Hair: I have gone everywhere and keep coming back to Modern Salon at Birkdale (also have gone to Phillips Place and Hearst) but I have found Heather and Soon to be the best stylists/colorists and both are at the Birkdale location. I went to a Davidson salon that will remain nameless and felt like my wallet had been assaulted and the color and cut was very very very below average. Also went to salons in Matthews, Cornelius and Charlotte and keep going back to the pros at Modern.

Old 03-29-2007, 11:27 PM

47 posts, read 187,580 times
Is that place in Berkdale couple doors down from Fusion? I walked past it in the evening during one of my last visits and loved the hair cut of one of the stylists there! Is it very pricey for a cut/style? I got super short hair and need a good cut every month.

Old 03-30-2007, 02:18 PM

Modern Salon at Birkdale is kind of between Cold Stone ice cream place and where Jones NY and Bath and Body Works is. The cost depends on the stylist. They have Jr. Stylists, Sr. Stylists....I pay around $40 with a jr. stylist and I have long hair.

Old 03-30-2007, 02:36 PM

543 posts, read 1,825,263 times
My wife goes to Valeria, always looks nice but I think it's pricey. Easy to me to say though since I can get a trim by standing too close to the barbecue. There's a nail place over in Rosedale plaza that seems to be pretty busy most of the time but I haven't had mine done in a while

Old 03-30-2007, 02:50 PM

889 posts, read 3,117,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markh View Post
My wife goes to Valeria, always looks nice but I think it's pricey. Easy to me to say though since I can get a trim by standing too close to the barbecue. There's a nail place over in Rosedale plaza that seems to be pretty busy most of the time but I haven't had mine done in a while
Their pricey because their good! I go there too so i do recommend them too

Old 03-30-2007, 06:10 PM

I've gone to both. Modern can be pricey (I used to pay $60 w/ a senior stylist, same as I once paid at Valeria) but found a jr. stylist at Modern who kicks butt and is $20 cheaper than the sr. stylist.

Old 03-30-2007, 06:48 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,957,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmway View Post
I've gone to both. Modern can be pricey (I used to pay $60 w/ a senior stylist, same as I once paid at Valeria) but found a jr. stylist at Modern who kicks butt and is $20 cheaper than the sr. stylist.

Did you say her name was Heather? Does she do color too?

Old 03-31-2007, 09:39 AM

Yes she does color, too. I have been happy with her, and get a lot of compliments on my hair.

Old 03-31-2007, 10:17 AM

47 posts, read 187,580 times
So which one is the place next to Fusion in the Berkdale Village???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte