Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 07:40 AM

1,865 posts, read 5,376,082 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any info on the new development being built by Wilson-Spear on rte 3 in Mooresville called The Market at Harris Crossing?

I have been trying to find out what's going in there & can't find anything out about it. I've heard it's supposed to have a supermarket, restaurants & other shops as well as housing. As far as the housing goes, I heard the original plans included single-family homes & townhouses, but, there was some opposition to too much housing. The new plans are supposed to have only single-family homes now. Also, there's supposed to be roads from it connecting into Linwood Farms & Harris Village. There is one road already graded that will connect to Doyle Farm Rd. in Harris Vilage. when it's completed.

Just curious as to what will be there & how soon.

THANKS!

BxRosie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2007, 07:26 AM

Helloooooooo......anybody out there??? Does anyone know about the developement site I'm talking about??

Thanks!

BxRosie

Old 03-27-2007, 07:35 AM

2,314 posts, read 2,832,446 times
I can see if I can find something out for you if you like.

Old 03-27-2007, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteAgent View Post
I can see if I can find something out for you if you like.
THANKS Charlotte Agent! I figured you might be able to find out something.

So far, I see it as a positive thing. With a road connecting the 2 subdivisions, it'll make it easier to get to my cousin's & my friend's houses. With retail stores so close by, it opens up employment opportunities for my family.

BxRosie

Old 03-28-2007, 06:54 AM

170 posts, read 566,209 times
Hi Rosie,
I'm going to bump up this thread, as I've been wondering the same thing since the sign went up. I've even looked online, but no luck. I pass by it every day taking my son to school, and I'm really curious what's to become of it. I even joke with my kids all the time and say "see any stores or restaurants yet?" whenever we drive by. Hopefully Charlotte Agent will have some info for us!

Old 03-28-2007, 07:04 AM

889 posts, read 3,116,520 times
Hey Rosie- Is the the one near your development??
My son who lives in Linwood Farms said he heard a Harris Teeter is going in there. Then you know near me, ( Rocky River and Shearers) that the Food Lion was going there Personally i am not thrilled with anything going there but i guess thats progress!

Old 03-28-2007, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvn2nc View Post
Hey Rosie- Is the the one near your development??
My son who lives in Linwood Farms said he heard a Harris Teeter is going in there. Then you know near me, ( Rocky River and Shearers) that the Food Lion was going there Personally i am not thrilled with anything going there but i guess thats progress!
GET OUT!?!? I didn't know ANOTHER Food Lion was going up by you! GEESH!!!! Yep...it's the one right next to me. I also heard about a Harris Teeter going up there as well, but that's it. Sure do hope it's cleaner than the one over by Morrison Plantation !

The road connecting it to Harris Village is up by the front of the subdivision. I'm in the back end of it. The road in Linwood Farms, that's "supposed" to be connecting to it, is right in front on my friend's house & down the road from my cousin's house. I did hear that Linwood Farms is trying to block the road from being built.

Rosie

Old 03-28-2007, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2boys View Post
Hi Rosie,
I'm going to bump up this thread, as I've been wondering the same thing since the sign went up. I've even looked online, but no luck. I pass by it every day taking my son to school, and I'm really curious what's to become of it. I even joke with my kids all the time and say "see any stores or restaurants yet?" whenever we drive by. Hopefully Charlotte Agent will have some info for us!
Hey Momof2boys.....you should stop in for coffee when you drive by. We can have MvntoNC join us!!

Rosie

Old 03-28-2007, 09:27 AM

889 posts, read 3,116,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BxRosie View Post
Hey Momof2boys.....you should stop in for coffee when you drive by. We can have MvntoNC join us!!

Rosie
Yes, gag a Food Lion.Personally i love that land, its so pretty and then to have it be a "corner" strip mall-puke. There is enough of them.I thought the idea of the Harris Teeter was close enough for me near you.Why do people or businesses feel so compelled to put a grocrey store up every couple of miles or so?Honestly, i have never seen anything like this before.
Way to much in terms of the grocrey store thing. I heard the logic was to keep cars off of 150 ans Williamson Rd.I doubt it will make a difference because i will still go to SuperTarget or Walmart for certain staples that are the cheapest bar none.
Coffee-sounds good

Old 03-28-2007, 10:47 AM

170 posts, read 566,209 times
Boy, I need to really get out more, my husband drove 6 miles each way the other weekend just to get milk. I'm not even sure where he went! I just go to Wal-Mart area for my shopping.- Heck, I just learned the back way to Wal-Mart this morning from the librarian here! I just want something somewhat close for 1 or 2 things needed. But yes, I agree, so many strip malls being built, it seems, everywhere you look. That was one of the things that drove us to Mooresville, was the countryside. (I can actually hear cows out my window, when the wind blows just right. ) I hope it stays this way a while!
And yes, coffee would be wonderful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte