U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 12:35 PM

2,560 posts, read 7,707,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post
Alright 7 oh 4 I've had just about enough of you trying to push people into the Weddington area. The high crime rate there, and lack of decent homes would lead me to believe you are covering up and trying to keep the Marvin area all to yourself. Now Marvin and points south and west are REALLY the best place to buy a new home. Even over toward the Unionville area is much better as far relaxed country atmosphere and relative proximity to Charlotte and Meck. Co.
I actually live Uptown in 4th Ward...but do like Weddington & Marvin. Sorry Marvinites...I forgot about Marvin. Just not a fan of any part of Union County where you have to use Hwy 74 (Independence Blvd)...what a nightmare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2009, 01:59 PM

2,154 posts, read 2,352,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
I actually live Uptown in 4th Ward...but do like Weddington & Marvin. Sorry Marvinites...I forgot about Marvin. Just not a fan of any part of Union County where you have to use Hwy 74 (Independence Blvd)...what a nightmare.
I hear ya'!!!!

Old 04-17-2009, 02:15 PM

9,114 posts, read 15,637,402 times
Quote:
It is assumed that most people who live in western union county use 74/independence all the time. For me and prob a good amount of people, that is not accurate.....

I don't commute to uptown, and on weekends I use either 485 or old monroe road for most of my travels.

I will use 74 sometimes if I want to get to Matthews, but its rare....I have lived here long enough to know now which roads are heavy and at what times......

Just wanted to you let everyone know about some assumptions made here....

Last edited by CouponJack; 04-17-2009 at 02:32 PM..

Old 04-17-2009, 02:22 PM

35,885 posts, read 66,998,726 times
Dern - I am mixing up threads today for some reason.

You can find many terrific homes/neighborhoods in many areas. Union County would be a great spot to land but as others have said - there are many wonderful homes in really nice developments. You won't have a problem finding what you want here. If you don't fall in love w/ the two neighborhoods you mentioned, you will doubtless find something elsewhere. Housing will not be a problem for you.

Old 04-17-2009, 04:02 PM

2,560 posts, read 7,707,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
It is assumed that most people who live in western union county use 74/independence all the time. For me and prob a good amount of people, that is not accurate.....

I don't commute to uptown, and on weekends I use either 485 or old monroe road for most of my travels.

I will use 74 sometimes if I want to get to Matthews, but its rare....I have lived here long enough to know now which roads are heavy and at what times......

Just wanted to you let everyone know about some assumptions made here....
I am referring to people who live in Monroe, Indian Trail, Stallings and work Uptown. I realize everyone doesn't work Uptown...but Hwy 74 (Independence Blvd) is not pleasant. Not referring to people who work in Matthews or Ballantyne.

No one questioned how long you have lived here. No one assumed anything.

Last edited by the 7 oh 4; 04-17-2009 at 04:12 PM..

Old 04-17-2009, 04:46 PM

5,553 posts, read 6,665,938 times
Quote:
7 oh 4 - You're so right about 74! I thank God that I'm retired and only have to be on it in the off-hours. They made a big mistake calling it Independence Blvd. It should more properly be called "It Depends Blvd". How long it takes to get anywhere depends on the time of day, weather, accidents and road construction repairs. If you're stuck in traffic for too long, it might also be Depends Blvd because you'll need them if you can't get over to "find relief"!

Old 04-19-2009, 08:45 AM

50 posts, read 111,267 times
Try Tallwood Estates off Brief Road. Exit 44 off I-485. 35-40 minutes to uptown. We looked there when we moved. It is in Union County

Old 04-19-2009, 12:07 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,286,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sullyman View Post
Try Tallwood Estates off Brief Road. Exit 44 off I-485. 35-40 minutes to uptown. We looked there when we moved. It is in Union County
I love this area

Old 04-20-2009, 09:53 PM

18 posts, read 42,165 times
Wah what crime in Weddington? From reading these threads it sounds like that is all near Independance in Union county and not the Providence Rd side?

Old 04-21-2009, 06:44 AM

284 posts, read 530,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post
Alright 7 oh 4 I've had just about enough of you trying to push people into the Weddington area. The high crime rate there, and lack of decent homes would lead me to believe you are covering up and trying to keep the Marvin area all to yourself. Now Marvin and points south and west are REALLY the best place to buy a new home. Even over toward the Unionville area is much better as far relaxed country atmosphere and relative proximity to Charlotte and Meck. Co.
I second that. I've regretted moving to Weddington since the day we closed on our house. We've been broken into eight times and the gangs are running wild on the streets. My dog is even afraid to go potty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte