U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 02:44 PM

14,693 posts, read 23,146,267 times

Advertisements

I hope Verizon FIOS can make it to Matthews someday. Ideally, before Road Runner starts charging me up the wahzoo for a tiered payment plan based on how much bandwidth you use.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2009, 02:59 PM

1,877 posts, read 4,315,937 times
Default Saved!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
I hope Verizon FIOS can make it to Matthews someday. Ideally, before Road Runner starts charging me up the wahzoo for a tiered payment plan based on how much bandwidth you use.
Time Warner shelves controversial Internet usage plan | CharlotteObserver.com (http://www.charlotteobserver.com/597/story/667591.html - broken link)

Old 04-17-2009, 12:24 PM

2,560 posts, read 7,722,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
That doesn't include Charlotte...does it?

That is in the Triad.

My partner & I both work from home and have not heard about Charlotte being included.

That would be ridiculous & expensive for us.

Old 04-17-2009, 12:26 PM

1,877 posts, read 4,315,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
That doesn't include Charlotte...does it?

That is in the Triad.

My partner & I both work from home and have not heard about Charlotte being included.

That would be ridiculous & expensive for us.
See above

Old 04-17-2009, 12:30 PM

2,560 posts, read 7,722,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoagie58 View Post
See above
Thanks. States several other cities...but Charlotte is not mentioned...so far. I am sure that could change at anytime though.

Maximum of $150. That is only a little under $100 a month more for us...and we both work from home so we save that in gas, tires, wear & tear on a vehicle.

Feel sorry for people with children wholive on the internet though.

Old 04-17-2009, 06:34 PM

129 posts, read 300,140 times
Regardless. Time Warner, I'm going to quit you asap. Just let someone else give me the option and I'm gone.

Old 04-18-2009, 07:37 PM

79 posts, read 164,337 times
You know that ATT U-Verse is in the area now right? It is the same as FiOS and has been acknowledged by magazines such as Consumer Reports as having service very similar and comparable to FiOS.

I am in Gastonia and I know that it has made it to the Belmont/Mt. Holly area. We are waiting on it to get deeper into the Gastonia area right now. I know that ATT is hiring more technicians in the are (I know because I am about to get hired on with them...lol).

Anyway, hope this helps, guaranteed not to change your rates.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:44 AM

2,429 posts, read 3,432,224 times
I'm desparately waiting for AT & T U-verse to get into York County and Rock Hill to bust the monopoly Comporium has here...while I have DirecTV, I have to have Comporium for internet and phone, and I hate them....my parents in OH have U-verse, and absolutely love everything about it...I'd switch to it in a heartbeat.

Old 04-20-2009, 01:09 PM

1,253 posts, read 4,174,523 times
AT&T trucks have been working their way into my neighborhood off of Park Rd. in South Charlotte for the past 2 weeks.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

Old 04-20-2009, 09:18 PM

18 posts, read 42,245 times
Just as an FYI, U-Verse is not the same as FIOS. The main difference is that U-Verse has a fiber backbone that connects from the main switch to a neighborhood hub, from the hub to your home it is still a copper line. FIOS on the other hand is pure fiber from the hub to your home allowing for faster speeds. Also, looking at pricing between U-Verse and TWC it does not seem like there is much a difference in price compaired to advertised speed.

If they perform different is a different question. Looking at FIOS pricing, it looks like much more bang for the buck. I think that Verizon has FIOS in Virginia now so hopefully they will start working south from there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte