U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2009, 11:07 PM

30 posts, read 80,767 times

Advertisements

My husband been transferred to Charlotte, NC. We heard that charlotte is full of crime, isn't lady can walk alone in street? Charlotted really so dangerous?
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2009, 04:37 AM

4,280 posts, read 9,824,872 times
Certain areas of nearly any city with 1M+ people could be considered a high-crime area.
Most of Charlotte is very safe, but random crime does happen even in the nicest areas.

The best thing would be to tell us approximately where your husband will be working, and we will help you the best we can.

Congrats and welcome to Charlotte!

Old 04-17-2009, 06:46 AM

697 posts, read 1,097,794 times
But beware of all the gangland activity in Piper Glen

Old 04-17-2009, 06:52 AM

1,894 posts, read 5,589,618 times
This video is a real life documentary of Charlotte.

YouTube - Mad Max Road Warrior (Trailer)

That should answer any questions.

(sorry couldn't resist...it's just the urge I get when I see sweeping generalizations about an area)

Old 04-17-2009, 08:33 AM

30 posts, read 80,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
Certain areas of nearly any city with 1M+ people could be considered a high-crime area.
Most of Charlotte is very safe, but random crime does happen even in the nicest areas.

The best thing would be to tell us approximately where your husband will be working, and we will help you the best we can.

Congrats and welcome to Charlotte!

Hi, thanks for your prompt response. What you mean by city with 1M+ people? My husband office located in Nations Ford Road. Also, isnt must buy car in NC? Transport convenient? Lady can walk alone in street? I checked internet and showed that Charlotte is high serious crime like rape, gun robbery....

Old 04-17-2009, 08:38 AM

4,222 posts, read 6,527,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerBolt View Post
My husband been transferred to Charlotte, NC. We heard that charlotte is full of crime, isn't lady can walk alone in street? Charlotted really so dangerous?
Charlotte has some "ladies" that walk the streets in relative safety.

Old 04-17-2009, 08:39 AM

45,270 posts, read 86,039,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerBolt View Post
Hi, thanks for your prompt response. What you mean by city with 1M+ people? My husband office located in Nations Ford Road. Also, isnt must buy car in NC? Transport convenient? Lady can walk alone in street? I checked internet and showed that Charlotte is high serious crime like rape, gun robbery....
He means our metro area is a population of 1 million - Charlotte iteself has about 650,000 people. Where are you moving from??? There may be a few parts of Charlotte where a lady wouldn't want to walk at midnight by herself, but overall this is a fairly safe city.

Old 04-17-2009, 08:51 AM

755 posts, read 2,203,100 times
Nations Ford is a sketchy part of town. A car is a must-have in Charlotte.

I know people like to joke on these boards, but I was a victim of crime in Charlotte more than any other place I've lived. I don't find it funny.

When you're alone with your three children at 3 in the morning and someone is breaking into your house, you'd like the police to get there in less than 25 minutes.

Old 04-17-2009, 09:06 AM

4,280 posts, read 9,824,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedydidi View Post
you'd like the police to get there in less than 25 minutes.
Perhaps they were writing someone a ticket for an expired tag like I received on the way to the office this morning (exp by 48 hours).

Glad someone has their finger on CLT's serious issues and not concerned with revenue generation.

Old 04-17-2009, 09:25 AM

19,631 posts, read 53,481,140 times
To PowerBolt - many people like to joke around, please don't get anxious. To be serious, tell us where you are moving from and what part of Nation's Ford his office is on. You potentially could live on the South Carolina side (and the SC police are stricter on criminals).

I worry that english is not your native language and that you might be confused or insulted or misled by someone making a joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or