Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2007, 03:39 PM

5 posts, read 11,268 times

Advertisements

Hi, my husband is considering taking a job in N.C. This would be a very exciting opportunity for him. We have two children 8 & 6 (girls) and have moved around a lot. I'm looking for suggestions on the easiest way to transition them in a new State (we have always lived in NH.) Are there any Jewish neighborhoods in Charlotte in a good school district? Any help or advice would be appreciated. S&S Hetu

Last edited by shetu; 04-01-2007 at 03:40 PM.. Reason: Typos
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2007, 03:59 PM

1,417 posts, read 6,908,289 times
I know south Charlotte has a VERY nice Jewish Community campus with two temples (I think). There are some Jewish posters on this site that could probably be more helpful than me. Welcome!

Old 04-01-2007, 04:05 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shetu View Post
Hi, my husband is considering taking a job in N.C. This would be a very exciting opportunity for him. We have two children 8 & 6 (girls) and have moved around a lot. I'm looking for suggestions on the easiest way to transition them in a new State (we have always lived in NH.) Are there any Jewish neighborhoods in Charlotte in a good school district? Any help or advice would be appreciated. S&S Hetu
There are a couple of neighborhoods like that. Everything depends on how much you can spend. Tell us your price range and we can make suggestions

Old 04-01-2007, 04:28 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,169,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shetu View Post
As a realtor, I can't comment on the demographics of specific neighborhoods. We live in Union County right on the border of South Charlotte, and it is about a 20 minute drive to Shalom Park. (We go 3x per week for religious school for the kids). Both temples and the JCC as well as the Jewish Day School are on the "campus" of Shalom Park. Here is the website for the JCC: http://www.charlottejcc.org/

Many of my friends live closer to the JCC for convenience. I would be happy to assist you in a search for a home or with any other questions you might have about the Jewish community here...of course if I am permitted to answer them Feel free to PM me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte