U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2007, 11:57 PM

362 posts, read 1,245,045 times

Advertisements

Do most of the neighborhoods in Charlotte have HOAs? My husband and I will probably be looking at established neighborhoods in south Charlotte with homes built in the 1980's or 90's.

I know that the HOA fees vary depending on neighborhood, home values in the area, amenities in the neighborhood, etc, but about what could I expect to pay (monthly or quarterly) for a home around $300k (give or take) in a neighborhood that's maybe 15-20 years old in Matthews or Ballantyne or similar south Charlotte neighborhoods? Just a ballpark figure would be great..

Right now, we live in a $400k 7-year old home in Phoenix suburbs, our neighborhood has two man-made lakes, a pool, a yacht club, a clubhouse, parks and trails, and LOTS of landscaping in common areas, and we pay $200 quarterly...is Charlotte similar for a neighborhood without maybe some of these amenities, homes a little less expensive, and a little older? Any info would be awesome!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2007, 05:59 AM

2,152 posts, read 6,068,246 times
I live in a community with homes in the $250 - $300K range in Ballantyne it's a mixed community with townhomes and houses about 3 - 4 years old and the homes pay $50.00 / month. Townhomes pay around $175.00/month.

Old 04-01-2007, 06:34 AM

166 posts, read 575,505 times
HOA fees in Monteith Park in Huntersville are $400.00 per year. The townhomes also pay $83.83 per month.

Old 04-01-2007, 02:50 PM

362 posts, read 1,245,045 times
Thanks for the info! Sounds like it might be much less expensive there than the $828 we pay annually here.

Could you tell me if either of the neighborhoods mentioned have a pool, clubhouse, park, other common areas, etc, that are kept up through the use of HOA fees, or are the neighborhoods you mentioned just homes and streets? I'm just trying to find out if the fees you mentioned would be for neighborhods with extra amenities, or neighborhoods that don't have many additional amenities.

Here in Phoenix, it seems that homes in neighborhoods with no amenities (that have HOAs) pay about $25-50/month, and homes in neighborhoods with amenities that need to be serviced pay about $35-100/month. Does that sound like the general range in Charlotte for slightly "older" neighborhoods built in the 80s and 90s?

Thanks!!

Old 04-01-2007, 04:07 PM

45,269 posts, read 88,560,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICDWTM View Post
Thanks for the info! Sounds like it might be much less expensive there than the $828 we pay annually here.

Could you tell me if either of the neighborhoods mentioned have a pool, clubhouse, park, other common areas, etc, that are kept up through the use of HOA fees, or are the neighborhoods you mentioned just homes and streets? I'm just trying to find out if the fees you mentioned would be for neighborhods with extra amenities, or neighborhoods that don't have many additional amenities.

Here in Phoenix, it seems that homes in neighborhoods with no amenities (that have HOAs) pay about $25-50/month, and homes in neighborhoods with amenities that need to be serviced pay about $35-100/month. Does that sound like the general range in Charlotte for slightly "older" neighborhoods built in the 80s and 90s?

Thanks!!
In my neighborhood the pool is run separately and you can either chose to pay to belong or not. We don't, so our YEARLY HOA dues are $80.00. If we wanted pool membership we would pay a one time fee per year of approximately $400.00.

Old 04-01-2007, 04:21 PM

166 posts, read 575,505 times
Default Monteith Park

[quote=ICDWTM;523509]Thanks for the info! Sounds like it might be much less expensive there than the $828 we pay annually here.

Monteith Park has a pool, clubhouse, walking paths, two park areas, and an area for the kids to play.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or