Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 03:11 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,400,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Charlotte View Post
Just a little tidbit about a personal experience I had with the CMD last weekend in the steel creek area.

Around 2:30 friday night I heard screeching tires and a loud bang. I ran to the window and saw a van parked in the recently completed but not lived in house next to mine. I called 911 and they dispatched an officer who was there in less than 10 minutes (which is pretty good considering the time and distance). Within another few minutes another officer showed up.

They were very professional and thorough. They did a full report (they had stolen the fridge and done some damage in the process) and left their information asking I call them if I get any more info. I felt that they geniunely cared and took the call seriously... which actually came as a surprise. They stayed about 45 minutes inspecting the house, neighborhood and writing the report.

In my limited experiences I have found the officers to be competent and eager to help. Sometimes we forget the dangerous side of their everyday jobs and the risks they are exposed to... myself included. We need to reflect and do what we can when tragedies like this happen, these are men and women who do a difficult job for a very modest salary.
To put their lives on the line the way that they do, you could never pay them enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2007, 07:26 PM

1,435 posts, read 5,766,146 times
They got the guy.

The observer has an interview link with a video.

Old 04-01-2007, 07:29 PM

249 posts, read 874,723 times
This is what ticks me off...

From wsoctv.com
"Demetrius Antonio Montgomery, 25, has been charged with two counts of first degree murder. Officials said Montgomery has a "lengthy arrest history" dating back to January 1998."

These guys are constantly put back on the streets.

Old 04-01-2007, 07:33 PM

3,365 posts, read 10,019,120 times
Quote:

From wsoctv.com
"Demetrius Antonio Montgomery, 25, has been charged with two counts of first degree murder. Officials said Montgomery has a "lengthy arrest history" dating back to January 1998."

They should hang this one from the nearest tree, I am sorry if this upsets people but people like that should never be allowed to see daylight ever again.

Old 04-01-2007, 07:39 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,400,976 times
Quote:

From wsoctv.com

He's only 25 and has a lengthy arrest history that dates back to 1998. With any luck he'll never see the outdoors unsupervised ever again. If I had my way he'd become one big oxygen thief waiting to breathe his last breath...

Old 04-01-2007, 07:40 PM

362 posts, read 1,345,059 times
Quote:

From wsoctv.com

I hope no one takes this the wrong way, because I AM NOT SAYING THAT ANYONE BEING KILLED IS FUNNY, because it absolutely is not, but:

I just looked at the wscotv.com website that the previous poster mentioned, and the top 5 highlighted headlines are:

1) Arrest Made In Deadly CMPD Officer Shootings

2) Three Charged In Shooting At East Charlotte Nightclub

3) Two Brothers Ejected, Killed During Car Chase In Stanly County

4) 6 More U.S. Soldiers Slain In Iraq

5) My Weekend: Signs Of Spring

WTF? It's all doom and gloom, death and destruction for the first four, and then the last one is about photos of pretty flowers. Seems like kind of a goofy line-up to me...and kind of amateurish. Could they not post the spring photos in a different place, or mix up the headlines a bit, so that the majority of them aren't terrible tragedies, unceremoniously non-seguing into pretty, happy photos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte