U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 09:38 PM

35,885 posts, read 65,336,261 times

Advertisements

Hey, Brian! Great shots - especially for spur of the moment! They sure give us some idea of the place!

The one in Kansas is very popular, even at the high rates. Of course, they are landlocked there so the locals enjoy taking the kids for a weekend. My friends tell me it is a very popular destination for birthday parties - several parents get a couple of rooms and chaperone the kids - they have a big sleepover. I was told they have reduced rates on entertainment for groups. Now, that would drive me nuts - a bunch of kids to try to chaperone - but it is a popular thing to do there (so I have been told).

So I don't know . . . that one stays pretty well booked, not just w/ out of towners - wh/ surprised the heck outta me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2009, 09:39 PM

2,117 posts, read 3,542,040 times
Went to GWL last weekend with my daughter and 6 of her girlfriends for 16th birthday. We've been to their sister lodge, GreatBear Lodge and other their competitors five times (in OH & PA)and they are all very similar. Rates are discounted until June $179-225 and then they jump to around $300. Room rates include waterpark passes (up to 6). They were a little in learning curve mode but very friendly. Our room wasn't ready until 6:30-7pm (I heard this has been common) and they adjusted our rate down 25% on both rooms ($125 savings)...gotta work for it. They have a big game room and have another room with Play station, Guitar Hero, Kareoki (don't know how to spell it, not my thing) with be screen TVs. They also have put-put and a big outdoor pool, indoor wave pool slides and more. Great Bear/Wolf is one of the best operators in this business and always are successful. There are plenty of families willing to spend $300/night and take there kids here. It's a lot of fun and mucho resteraunts, Concord Mall nearby for diversions.

Old 04-18-2009, 09:40 PM

35,885 posts, read 65,336,261 times
Brian . . . a Rangers T-Shirt and DD goodies in each hand . . . we would have known it was you even if someone else had posted that photo, LOL!!!!!

Old 04-18-2009, 10:46 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,102,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Brian . . . a Rangers T-Shirt and DD goodies in each hand . . . we would have known it was you even if someone else had posted that photo, LOL!!!!!

I make myself that obvious around here?????

Old 04-19-2009, 08:46 AM

7,041 posts, read 12,824,678 times
^^^^^nnnaaahhh.....

Old 04-19-2009, 11:41 AM

140 posts, read 235,937 times
Love the NY Rangers shirt. I used to grab a Dunkin' Donut after a Rangers game ( before heading back to Long Island on the LIRR)!

Old 04-19-2009, 11:45 AM

1,877 posts, read 4,206,895 times
Hey, Bri- I'm thinking you may get something (a buck or 2) on Ebay, for that Rangers short, after the Canes win the Cup. Just sayin....

Old 04-19-2009, 12:07 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,102,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoagie58 View Post
Hey, Bri- I'm thinking you may get something (a buck or 2) on Ebay, for that Rangers short, after the Canes win the Cup. Just sayin....

I believe this post is clearly off topic and a violation of city-data's TOS that you agreed to when you signed up for this forum.

Not to mention purely delusional.....

Old 04-19-2009, 12:08 PM

403 posts, read 746,157 times
My husband and I wanted to surprise our son and his family with some reservations...because of the special prices advertised, but when you look at the days that the discounts are really discounts...you find that the weekends are not the days included. So, I guess it is back to the ole drawing board "for now". It is surprising that this attraction is full....but perhaps it is better than spending a lot of time driving to another state, or paying to fly off somewhere else....perhaps maybe even the weekend rates are not too bad....."Yes"...I am trying to justify spending that much for a weekend.....Hummmmmmmm

Old 04-19-2009, 02:33 PM

4,222 posts, read 6,536,095 times
I haven't visited this one yet. It is the same as the one I visited in the Wisconsin Dells a few years ago. I am really glad to have something like this in the area. I wish they would give discounts to locals.

Brian, glad to see there is a hockey team in New York? Are they any good?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte