U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 08:07 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,058,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
I could definitely picture you on the boards in Seaside Heights or Atlantic City. For lack of a nearby boardwalk, will you be hanging out at the animatronic display & DD?
Fixed a piece of your post.

Quote:
For lack of a nearby boardwalk, will you be hanging out at the animatronic display & DD?
Every freakin' chance I get. Just give me a Newark Star Ledger under my arm and a coffee in my hand and I'm set.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 08:16 AM

1,511 posts, read 2,778,987 times
Default They are all over

I've actually not gone to one directly but know a lot of friends that love it in Wisconsin. Pricey but really fun.

I wanted to comment on the price in general. There is an indoor water park (Key Lime Cove) that opened up literally 10 min from my house in Illinois. We avoided it for a year, not just for cost (about $300/night) but also out of irritation of having to stay in their rooms in order to use the park when we live 10 min away.

Earlier this month we decided to just do it since we are moving soon anyway. They dropped their prices to $159/night, including a large breakfast buffet for everyone. That made it more affordable for us as a "treat" for spring break. It was absolutely a fabulous park, and it included a beautiful tot area just for my 20 month old.

So keep an eye on discounts b/c they may pop up unexpectedly.

Old 04-20-2009, 08:18 AM

20,375 posts, read 25,461,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
Fixed a piece of your post.

Every freakin' chance I get. Just give me a Newark Star Ledger under my arm and a coffee in my hand and I'm set.
LOL, see, I really did live in South Jersey. For boards we went to Wildwood.

I think they should hire you to hang out & mingle, & furnish the Star Ledger & coffee.

Old 04-20-2009, 08:29 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
Quote:
I think they should hire you to hang out & mingle, & furnish the Star Ledger & coffee.

Now there's a sweet gig. A Star Ledger under one arm, an Atlantic City Weekly under the other and a coffee in my hand.

Awesome.

Last edited by BrianH1970; 04-20-2009 at 08:54 AM..

Old 04-20-2009, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Now there's a sweet gig. A Star Ledger under one arm, an Atlantic City Weekly under the other and a coffee in my hand.

Awesome.
Yup Don't let them tell you that being a Jerseyboy disqualifies you. The Leni Lenape were in Jersey.

Old 04-20-2009, 08:55 AM

Quote:
The Leni Lenape were in Jersey.

Boy did you just go old school and underground with that line.

Old 04-20-2009, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Boy did you just go old school and underground with that line.
LOL, One of my ancestors was one.

Old 04-20-2009, 09:31 AM

79 posts, read 310,702 times
Quote:
LOL, see, I really did live in South Jersey. For boards we went to Wildwood.

This is off topic, but the rule of thumb growing up in NJ was if you were from North Jersey you spent your younger years walking the boards at Seaside in the summer. Anyone from south Jersey, or that totally foreign city of Phiily spent their time in Long Beach Island or south. Or maybe walking the asphalt of Ocean City. Rarely would these 2 distinct populations mix.

I had no clue what a Mummer was until I became college age!!

Old 04-20-2009, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejersey3 View Post
or that totally foreign city of Phiily

zzzzzzzzzzzzzinnnnngggggg!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-20-2009, 09:44 AM

852 posts, read 2,168,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejersey3 View Post

I had no clue what a Mummer was until I became college age!!
also OT but I just saw the Mummers last week. I had never heard of them but did enjoy the show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte