U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 09:44 AM

12,589 posts, read 12,026,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejersey3 View Post
This is off topic, but the rule of thumb growing up in NJ was if you were from North Jersey you spent your younger years walking the boards at Seaside in the summer. Anyone from south Jersey, or that totally foreign city of Phiily spent their time in Long Beach Island or south. Or maybe walking the asphalt of Ocean City. Rarely would these 2 distinct populations mix.

I had no clue what a Mummer was until I became college age!!
Absolutely right, on the territorial breakdown, but now Atlantic City itself is sort of neutral territory. Having never been to a North Jersey beach or boardwalk, I can't speak for that, but based on the boards in Wildwood, the animatronics looked like the perfect place for Brian to hang out.

Actually, in South Jersey, it's NYC that's foreign. The Mummers are a trip!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 09:45 AM

1,877 posts, read 2,805,306 times
Brian, I gotta tell you- you actually look a good bit like a younger version of an uncle of mine. Good lookin fella he is! However, he wouldnt be caught dead in a Rangers jersey!

Old 04-20-2009, 09:52 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,550 posts, read 6,486,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoagie58 View Post
Brian, I gotta tell you- you actually look a good bit like a younger version of an uncle of mine. Good lookin fella he is! However, he wouldnt be caught dead in a Rangers jersey!

Who's team is up 2-0 and the other down 2-1 in the east? Who? Who's team has only taken the lead once in their series (which happened to be the OT win)?

Come on...come on...I wanna hear ya say it...

Who has a better chance of getting out of the first round right now...the Rangers or Carolina...

Go ahead...say it....say it....

Say it.....

Old 04-20-2009, 10:03 AM

1,877 posts, read 2,805,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
Who's team is up 2-0 and the other down 2-1 in the east? Who? Who's team has only taken the lead once in their series (which happened to be the OT win)?

Come on...come on...I wanna hear ya say it...

Who has a better chance of getting out of the first round right now...the Rangers or Carolina...

Go ahead...say it....say it....

Say it.....
Great pictures, by the way! (Go Canes!!!)

Old 04-20-2009, 10:30 AM

1,852 posts, read 3,270,274 times
Quote:
Unfortunately yes, that's really me in a particularly goofy moment this morning.
he is also animontronic.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:32 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whytewulf View Post
he is also animontronic.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:41 AM

2,111 posts, read 4,525,879 times
Quote:
Fixed a piece of your post.

Every freakin' chance I get. Just give me a Newark Star Ledger under my arm and a coffee in my hand and I'm set.
OMG, Brian. Don't give away your age! How many years has it been since it was called the Newark Star-Ledger?

Old 04-20-2009, 10:43 AM

1,852 posts, read 3,270,274 times
Quote:
You say that like it's a bad thing.
No, but thats was part of the show not for the kiddies.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saralee View Post
OMG, Brian. Don't give away your age! How many years has it been since it was called the Newark Star-Ledger?

I give away my age in my login but you're right...

Whytewulf...shhhhhhhhhhhh

Old 04-22-2009, 10:44 PM

4 posts, read 4,772 times
Thumbs up New Member

This was a great thread to read! Can't wait to visit The Great Wolf Lodge with the family. Thanks for sharing some pics. I too am from the North...NJ used to be a Devils Fan but moved to Charlotte over 15 years ago. Have been a Carolina Hurricanes Fan since they started here. I will be at the game this Sunday and hope they WIN the next one in NJ.

Brian, BTW I was also born in 1970 and my wife and I love DD Coffee as well....to funny! This thread had a lot of stuff in common for me.

MRINS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte