U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 11:14 AM

45,270 posts, read 86,203,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylbeth View Post
Concord to Mooresville......Approximately 40 miles.
WHAT??? Try 23 miles - about 30 minutes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2009, 03:12 PM

264 posts, read 752,004 times
We are going there with the kids tomorrow. Our room is $200 with all the fees and taxes. It includes tickets to the waterpark and whatever else they have for kids. They told us we can check-in as early as 1:00, but that normal check-in time is 4.
I am having baby #3 soon and I can't really go too far, so this is great for us. I will let you all know how it goes. It's a surprise for them b/c we missed getting to go somewhere for Spring Break, I am sure it is going to be great!

Old 04-25-2009, 10:18 PM

2,118 posts, read 3,545,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiT View Post
We are going there with the kids tomorrow. Our room is $200 with all the fees and taxes. It includes tickets to the waterpark and whatever else they have for kids. They told us we can check-in as early as 1:00, but that normal check-in time is 4.
I am having baby #3 soon and I can't really go too far, so this is great for us. I will let you all know how it goes. It's a surprise for them b/c we missed getting to go somewhere for Spring Break, I am sure it is going to be great!
We went there couple weeks ago (Easter Sunday) and it was common that many people's room was not ready until 5-6pm. We had two rooms and got one @ 6:30 and 2nd room @ 7pm. Just a FYI for planning purposes.

Old 04-27-2009, 11:03 PM

We had a great time! Unfortunately I wasn't able to personally experience a lot of the fun stuff at the waterpark, but just watching the kids and my husband enjoy all the parks "rides" was fun...I was very jealous!
Our room was ready when we got there. We were told we could go as early as 1, even though check-in is @ 4, and get our passes to the waterpark early. Our passes were valid for Sunday-Monday, so we had 2 days of water fun. Check-out is at 11, late check-out at 12.
The food at the restaurant was very good. We did the buffet both days, just dinner and breakfast. The staff was awesome. They were all helpful and eager, but best of all they were so excited about answering your questions about what the hotel has to offer and explaining the different activities.
It seems like the place had a way of making everyone feel younger. Just walking down the hallways, was fun. They have a game called MagiQuest that is like a treasure hunt of sorts that all the kids were wandering through the halls playing. There was something to find in all the halls. We didn't have a chance to play it this time...I don't let my kids wander around alone and there is no way I could keep up with them right now.
Even with all the families with kids running around, the rooms were very quiet. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. Thermostat easy to use. The ac was a little loud, but I think we had the fan set on high. That's what you get for fidgeting with the thermostat at 3am.
The whole decor kept with the lodge/cabin theme, from the lobby to the hallways to the rooms. Very clean place. They had the usual tourist shops. We checked out Dunkin' Donuts and I thought about our OP
We had a lot of fun, and can't wait to go back. I recommend it to anyone, even if you don't have kids. I can't wait to not be pregnant and go back to enjoy the "rides".

Old 04-28-2009, 05:06 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,107,465 times
Quote:
Just walking down the hallways, was fun. They have a game called MagiQuest that is like a treasure hunt of sorts that all the kids were wandering through the halls playing. There was something to find in all the halls. We didn't have a chance to play it this time...I don't let my kids wander around alone and there is no way I could keep up with them right now.
Is that where they give people those little wands and everyone runs around like Harry Potter aiming that thing at various statues and pictures? Those kids had statues above the check in counter moving just by aiming that thing.

Quote:
We checked out Dunkin' Donuts and I thought about our OP

Ahhhhh notoriety....

Old 04-28-2009, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
Is that where they give people those little wands and everyone runs around like Harry Potter aiming that thing at various statues and pictures? Those kids had statues above the check in counter moving just by aiming that thing.
That's it! You get a little book and I guess it explains what exactly you are doing and why.
Someone told me today that they have something like that at Boardwalk on the Beach at MB.

Old 04-29-2009, 01:13 PM

50 posts, read 118,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970

That's it! You get a little book and I guess it explains what exactly you are doing and why.
Someone told me today that they have something like that at Boardwalk on the Beach at MB.[quote]
They do!

Old 04-29-2009, 03:30 PM

35,885 posts, read 65,379,904 times
Darn. To be a kid again! This sounds like great fun!

Old 04-29-2009, 03:36 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,107,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Darn. To be a kid again! This sounds like great fun!

You can walk about three floors worth and just have fun people watching. Between the arcade downstairs, looking over at the water park through the glass, grabbing a beer, looking at the lodge-like decor, it's a total blast just hanging around inside. This has turned into one of the great benefits of being back here. I just love hanging around that place.

Old 04-29-2009, 03:47 PM

35,885 posts, read 65,379,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
You can walk about three floors worth and just have fun people watching. Between the arcade downstairs, looking over at the water park through the glass, grabbing a beer, looking at the lodge-like decor, it's a total blast just hanging around inside. This has turned into one of the great benefits of being back here. I just love hanging around that place.
Well, then i am gonna go. I love people watching, LOL! Kind of like being a tourist!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte