U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 02:20 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,058,452 times

Advertisements

Went in for the first time only because they opened up a Dunkin' Donuts just off of the main lobby, the first one that's actually close to me. What I found on the way was pretty impressive.

Shortly after you walk in, you're hit with a pretty big animatronic "play". This particular one started around 10 in the morning. Seems that anyone can check this out, not just hotel guests. I didn't see too much of it but it looked Pocohontas-y and very well done. Any of you with little ones might want to bring them to see this thing.

Yes I had my camera with me. Don't ask why. I didn't intend to get pictures of a hotel lobby so the quality is "eh", but you'll get the idea.

And yours truly acting goofy, walking out with the riches

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2009, 03:12 PM

4,280 posts, read 9,780,219 times
IMHO the rates are very high considering the economy.
I wish them luck...

Old 04-18-2009, 03:40 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
IMHO the rates are very high considering the economy.
I wish them luck...

Their parking lot was just about full this morning and the place looked to be absolutely jam packed. There seemed to be a lot of people either checking in or checking out (many people already out on their private balconies) and only a couple of out of state license plates to be seen. Nearly every one I saw was an NC plate. Driving in and out there were maybe two or three parking spots to be had. You wouldn't know there was a down economy in that area...which is a good thing.

I don't think they need to be wished any luck if what I saw today was any indication.

Old 04-18-2009, 04:25 PM

1,877 posts, read 4,180,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
Their parking lot was just about full this morning and the place looked to be absolutely jam packed. There seemed to be a lot of people either checking in or checking out (many people already out on their private balconies) and only a couple of out of state license plates to be seen. Nearly every one I saw was an NC plate. Driving in and out there were maybe two or three parking spots to be had. You wouldn't know there was a down economy in that area...which is a good thing.

I don't think they need to be wished any luck if what I saw today was any indication.
Pretty sure they're running like 1/2 off specials or something of that nature for it's grand opening. If I remember correctly, the discounts run til Juneish, and then it's full price. Reasonably sure you wont see that full a lot when the rooms go to $300+ a night.

Old 04-18-2009, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoagie58 View Post
Pretty sure they're running like 1/2 off specials or something of that nature for it's grand opening. If I remember correctly, the discounts run til Juneish, and then it's full price. Reasonably sure you wont see that full a lot when the rooms go to $300+ a night.

In that case then good luck with that.

At least the show in the lobby was free to anyone walking in.

Old 04-18-2009, 06:42 PM

566 posts, read 959,737 times
A friend of mine who works in a Restaurant nearby says business is booming because of this place.

Old 04-18-2009, 07:04 PM

9,113 posts, read 15,224,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoagie58 View Post
Most are taking advantage of I believe $179/night...but your correct, rates will jump up ina couple months to over $300/night...

Who knows, time will tell.....

Old 04-18-2009, 08:11 PM

7,041 posts, read 12,755,033 times
nobody mentioned the great photos...and, a nice face-with-the-name introduction to our infamous Brian!!

Old 04-18-2009, 08:33 PM

2,115 posts, read 6,305,320 times
Is that really you Brian?

Old 04-18-2009, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saralee View Post
Is that really you Brian?

Unfortunately yes, that's really me in a particularly goofy moment this morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte