U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2009, 08:48 PM

17 posts, read 44,477 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me first hand about Brawley Middle school and Lake Norman High School?
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 04:01 PM

1 posts, read 4,534 times
Brawley Middle Schoool Is Great I Am Going Into 8th Grade At Brawley Middle. They Teach Well And P.E. Is Constint Fun. I Dont Know About Lake Norman High, But My Sister Is Going In To 9th Grade There. I Have Only Been There For A Football Game For Brawley In 2007! But Brawley Is A Awsome School. They Have Everything To Make A Kid Learn The Right Way.

Old 07-15-2009, 07:47 AM

249 posts, read 370,849 times
"Herion High" is the nickname for that hs. I am waay past HS but at my old job i had alot of applicants from that school and many could not past a drug test. Talking to the kids on my staff, there is alot of drugs flowing thru there. ( But that might be the case at most HS's)

Old 07-15-2009, 08:27 AM

45,269 posts, read 88,525,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBrown28031 View Post
"Herion High" is the nickname for that hs. I am waay past HS but at my old job i had alot of applicants from that school and many could not past a drug test. Talking to the kids on my staff, there is alot of drugs flowing thru there. ( But that might be the case at most HS's)
Is there a public high school in America without drugs in it?? Not a problem if your kid doesn't do drugs - no one is going to force feed them you know.

Old 03-28-2010, 07:21 AM

279 posts, read 791,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBrown28031 View Post
THIS IS NOT for the majority of the kids at Lake Norman.There are drug issues in many schools but to say it is "heroin high" is FALSE! You obviously have dealt with the wrong crowd at this school.Look at the academic and athletic success at LNHS. You don't acheive those rankings with a bunch of druggies! There are good,bad and somewhere in between kids in every school. Don't let the reputation of a few bad apples spoil the bunch! LNHS is a good school,just look at the stats!

Old 04-20-2010, 08:42 AM

1 posts, read 3,711 times
Whew! KBrown28031 must have problems with her kids at the school or an axe to grind with LKNHS to make a statement like that. I am very familiar with LKNHS and only a fraction of the great things about LKNHS have been brought up. LKNHS lacks only two classes from offering the exact same classes as North Carolina School for Math and Science. Very strong academics at this school and the sports programs just moved to the 4A status and they are very competative in all sports from Football, to basketball to Lacrosse. Great School to prepare for college.

Old 04-20-2010, 09:02 AM

1,644 posts, read 4,104,980 times
Hi
We moved here from the UK bit by bit last year.
My son is 15 and is a freshman at LNHS. Had no problems at all which is great considering he moved from a foreign school system.

He hasn't reported anything untoward to us and has a good group of friends. Everyone seems to get along.

Can't comment about sports etc except to say that the school seems very active and succesful.

We didn't opt for any honors classes in August or Jan because we weren't sure how it would compare to the UK, but he has been recommended for 5 next year and we are very proud that he has straight As, although this semetser is less academic than last and his next one. He's not an all out academic, struggles with Math but passed Algebra 1 last Semester despite being enrolled in pre-algebra (our choice as the math in the UK is at a lower level than here)and got a B. He was doing stuff that he never even touched on in the UK. More like the traditional Math I did at school.

Only probs we had were with the school bus, but that seemed to be a driver problem and it's all sorted now.

Old 04-20-2010, 11:05 AM

2 posts, read 7,161 times
Brawley is not a good school at all the staff and leadership lack compassion for the kids and the rules are inforced in a very haphazard way. We took our child out to attend private school in Charlotte. Lake Norman High so far so good. Great staff and leadership!

Old 05-25-2011, 08:13 AM

249 posts, read 370,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKN-DAD View Post
Whew! KBrown28031 must have problems with her kids at the school or an axe to grind with LKNHS to make a statement like that. I am very familiar with LKNHS and only a fraction of the great things about LKNHS have been brought up. LKNHS lacks only two classes from offering the exact same classes as North Carolina School for Math and Science. Very strong academics at this school and the sports programs just moved to the 4A status and they are very competative in all sports from Football, to basketball to Lacrosse. Great School to prepare for college.
i do not have an axe to grind with that high school. At my old job we were frustrated because we would try to hire alot of LKNHS kids for seasonal work and we would have a alot of positive drug screenings. I then asked one of my workers who went to school there about it and she told me that the school wasnt nicknamed " Heroin High" for nothing. But to let you know, most of the applicants failed because of reefer more then herion.
Maybe only the "bad" kids applied at my place of work?????

Old 05-25-2011, 06:11 PM

324 posts, read 654,361 times
My 2 kids went to LNHS and yes the HS is known as Herion High...but according to my kids, the drugs at Lake Norman were no where near as bad as the drug problem in their old school in NY. Lake Norman High is a great school. My kids did very well there! I was very happy with it. The weird thing is in Lake Norman..the rich kids do the herion and in NY..the poor kids do the herion. Go figure. But I would highly recommend Lake Norman Schools!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or