Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 10:58 AM

1,574 posts, read 4,753,814 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone! Lisaf started a thread to organize a Yankee get together, but we haven't heard from her. Are you out there Lisa?

So, until she resurfaces, I figured we'd get the ball rolling. It would be great to have a get together with some of our friends here. I'm going to suggest Oct. 28th, early afternoon. For the first gathering, we could pick a park and have everyone bring something. That way, anyone with children can bring them to play. We could sit around and bit** about what we miss in NY/NJ/AZ/CA/MA/FL.....etc.
Seriously, we could talk about how happy we are here without anyone telling us we're not.

If y'all are up for it, pm me and I'll get it together. Lisa, I'm not trying to step on your toes-just filling in till you're back!

Hope to hear from ya'!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2006, 11:20 AM

2,115 posts, read 7,084,399 times
OMG! I am sooo incredibly jealous. I would love to bring my family and participate. However, we don't close until October 30. We are likely to head down October 27 though. Wonder if we'll be too tired to join y'all.

Were you thinking of a meeting spot in Meck or Union County?

I'll pay attention to this thread and see what you guys decide.

SL

Old 10-13-2006, 11:34 AM

Whichever is more central-I guess that depends on who'll be coming and where from(no a1m, we're not having it at Lake Norman )

Don't worry, if this one goes well, we'll do it again in a few months!

How are you, saralee? I'm so happy for you! It's just around the corner....

Old 10-13-2006, 12:14 PM

293 posts, read 958,595 times
OK NCMom,
If it's not too much to ask, you may have to organize a second get together in a few months since we won't be there till then! I don't know what the weather will be like then, we may have to do something indoors, but count us in! This kind of stuff would never happen in NY!!

Old 10-13-2006, 12:16 PM

98 posts, read 816,008 times
i will make it a point to be there, you can count on me! we should all definately bring 1 dish to share and our own beverages, it will make things easier. we should bring our own chairs as well and maybe some of us with portable tables could bring them. i can bring mine. also, if you need a place, i can contact my homeowners association. we have a huge oak tree with a lot of grass area for a shin dig. i think i can rent it out and the pool house for the day. do you want me to look into it?

Old 10-13-2006, 12:23 PM

You know, that's a great idea! Our clubhouse costs $25 for the day. We have tables outside by the pool, also. I guess we could find out what's the most reasonable and take it from there. We don't have a great playground so anyone that does, speak up! Anybody in Brookhaven? They have a great one play area. Come on mmdj43, I know you're out there.....

Old 10-13-2006, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrcts04 View Post
OK NCMom,
If it's not too much to ask, you may have to organize a second get together in a few months since we won't be there till then! I don't know what the weather will be like then, we may have to do something indoors, but count us in! This kind of stuff would never happen in NY!!
Let's hope this works out and we can make it a fairly regular thing! Would never happen in NJ either. We'd all be thinking there could be a bunch of crazy people coming....Uh oh, most of us are from NJ and NY anyway......

Old 10-13-2006, 02:15 PM

98 posts, read 816,008 times
i am not worried about the crazies because we will be in a very public place, it's when i meet y'all on my own that makes me nervous. my moto: no axe murder's please!

Old 10-13-2006, 06:40 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,470,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCMom View Post
Whichever is more central-I guess that depends on who'll be coming and where from(no a1m, we're not having it at Lake Norman )

Don't worry, if this one goes well, we'll do it again in a few months!

How are you, saralee? I'm so happy for you! It's just around the corner....

I would have come anyway, Lake Norman or not. Too bad I won't be there yet Let me know how it goes.

Old 10-13-2006, 06:50 PM

2,115 posts, read 7,084,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCMom View Post
Let's hope this works out and we can make it a fairly regular thing! Would never happen in NJ either. We'd all be thinking there could be a bunch of crazy people coming....Uh oh, most of us are from NJ and NY anyway......

What fun would there be if crazy people didn't show up?

SL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte