U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2009, 08:55 AM

148 posts, read 506,253 times

Advertisements

Just wondering if anyone knows where I can find Marino's Italian Ices in the Charlotte area? We moved here from NY last summer and have not been able to find it here. For those of you from NY I am sure you know about the delicious ices where you scrape half off to eat and then flip over and enjoy the flavored sugary ice crystals on the bottom. Yum! Recently went back to NY for a visit but since we drove we could not bring some home. We did however stock up on SSips Iced Tea boxes, another product we couldn't find here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 09:10 AM

311 posts, read 811,900 times
I alllways look for Marino's whenever we go to different supermarkets but I haven't been able to find them either! I only see Luigi's.. which really are terrible in comparison to Marino's =[

Old 04-22-2009, 10:06 AM

148 posts, read 506,253 times
Default Fyi

Just called Marino's directly and they do not distribute their ices in NC They did tell me that as of next month Hershey's is going to be a distributor and their ices will be availble soon on the east coast but not sure if the Charlotte area is included. Also, they will NOT ship to here. I am so sad

Old 04-22-2009, 10:31 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,147,825 times
Give what info you have to the manager of your favorite grocery store. I have done this several times over the years at Harris Teeter and they have managed to come up w/ my favorites every time. Especially w/ a big name such as Hershey, it may simply be a matter of finding out that there is interest in the area to support stocking the item.

Old 07-05-2009, 09:50 AM

13 posts, read 28,220 times
You have to try Philly's Italian Ice! They are smooth, and creamy, and the orginal icees. You can sample all flavors, the customer service is great! I guarantee you will love them. I am from up North and I love them. Location: 1614 Camden Rd Charlotte, NC 28203, (in front of Prices Chicken Coop), (704) 891-7289. Hour: Tuesday-Saturday 1PM-6PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tad5117 View Post
Just wondering if anyone knows where I can find Marino's Italian Ices in the Charlotte area? We moved here from NY last summer and have not been able to find it here. For those of you from NY I am sure you know about the delicious ices where you scrape half off to eat and then flip over and enjoy the flavored sugary ice crystals on the bottom. Yum! Recently went back to NY for a visit but since we drove we could not bring some home. We did however stock up on SSips Iced Tea boxes, another product we couldn't find here!

Old 02-23-2011, 05:18 PM

533 posts, read 1,640,612 times
Quote:
Your description of flipping it over for the ice crystals gave me warm fuzzy feelings LOL I ate a lot of them in my childhood!

Old 02-23-2011, 07:17 PM

26 posts, read 76,382 times
There is a local, home-town Italian Ice. It is Lindy's and is in most Harris Teeters and quite a few others. They are made right here in Charlotte and the company is owned by a good bunch of folks. Give them a try.

Old 02-23-2011, 07:19 PM

2,352 posts, read 4,034,458 times
Quote:
We did however stock up on SSips Iced Tea boxes, another product we couldn't find here!
Googled, since I had never heard of these - sounds like they'd taste like the canned lemon Nestea! High Fructose Corn Syrup and tea powder... yum!

(I'm not being snarky; while I prefer brewed tea with real sugar, there's something about the taste of those canned teas... )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte