Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 09:09 AM

22 posts, read 115,823 times

Advertisements

We are a couple in the early 30s and thinking about moving to Charlotte whitin the next year.
We travel a lot, so an area that has easy access to the Interstate towards the Airport is important. It doesn't have to be on the vicinities of the airport.
Some people recomend us Pineville, but we are open, as long as the area has good schoold districts. We are looking for a town home or small charming house. A feel of an old town would just be a plus...
Does anyone have suggestions? Thanks

Last edited by xeretinhac; 04-02-2007 at 09:10 AM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2007, 09:38 AM

1,453 posts, read 5,149,808 times
It would be a good idea to start looking online at homes in the area to get an idea of what you can afford. There are a number of nice townhome communities in South Charlotte and that's a great area. You can use my website if you like, just go to my profile and get the address. Fort Mill, SC is another option. Let me know if I can help.

Old 04-02-2007, 09:47 AM

297 posts, read 1,141,479 times
Instead of trying to sell someone real estate or trying to make first contact. Wouldn't it be a good idea to find out what area the person will work in. And other needs. Jeesh talk about ambulance chasers. I thought it was again the terms of service to solicit on this site.

Old 04-02-2007, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUKE1989 View Post
Instead of trying to sell someone real estate or trying to make first contact. Wouldn't it be a good idea to find out what area the person will work in. And other needs. Jeesh talk about ambulance chasers. I thought it was again the terms of service to solicit on this site.

I believe the OP asked for suggestions and that's what I gave her. If I were trying to sell her Real Estate I would have given her mls numbers of my listings. Maybe you just read too much into things.

Old 04-02-2007, 10:58 AM

70 posts, read 314,079 times
guys how is rock hill? what kind of area is it? anything goin on?

Old 04-02-2007, 11:03 AM

2,314 posts, read 2,835,594 times
Rock Hill is on its way up. As people look for different places to live than Charlotte but within driving distance.

Old 04-02-2007, 12:28 PM

22 posts, read 115,823 times
IThanks for the replies. 'd like suggestions on activities, neighbohoods, parks in the area. How up and coming it is (or not) . I don't like cookie cutter places.

DUKE1989 your are right about soliciting. I do not need a Real Estate Agent right now, but feedback from residents would be great.

PS> Let's NOT diverge this Post to Rock Hill. Just Charlotte area, please. Thanks

Old 04-02-2007, 12:33 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,914,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeretinhac View Post
IThanks for the replies. 'd like suggestions on activities, neighbohoods, parks in the area. How up and coming it is (or not) . I don't like cookie cutter places.

DUKE1989 your are right about soliciting. I do not need a Real Estate Agent right now, but feedback from residents would be great.

PS> Let's NOT diverge this Post to Rock Hill. Just Charlotte area, please. Thanks
It may be easier for you to get suggestions if you tell us price range and what activities you are looking for.....

Old 04-02-2007, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeretinhac View Post
We are a couple in the early 30s and thinking about moving to Charlotte whitin the next year.
We travel a lot, so an area that has easy access to the Interstate towards the Airport is important. It doesn't have to be on the vicinities of the airport.
Some people recomend us Pineville, but we are open, as long as the area has good schoold districts. We are looking for a town home or small charming house. A feel of an old town would just be a plus...
Does anyone have suggestions? Thanks
Sorry if I offended you by offering help. I think it would be a good idea to take a look at the area. There are websites available to view info on schools and neighborhoods and get things like crime stats.

Old 04-07-2007, 03:41 AM

473 posts, read 1,578,900 times
Red face Huntersville

What about Huntersville? I like it here...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte