U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-23-2009, 11:05 PM

2,295 posts, read 2,713,085 times
Default Where can I get a speedometer calibrated?

I've had this funny feeling that my speedometer is a little off. Maybe 10mph or so. I've been thinking this for a while. As my luck would have it, the speedometers in ALL of my cars are off. Oddly enough, they're off by 10-15mph.

I figured this out while driving down I-77 a while back. Cars were flying by me, some nearly rear-ended me at speed, but my speedometer said I was going 63mph. This couldn't possibly be right. So I take another car out and have the same problem! And after trying the rest of my cars, they ALL have this problem!!! I'd hate to speed up and risk getting a ticket. It seems like the DA is probably hip to the whole broken equipment defense and I would be the one he makes an example of.

So, can anyone tell me who can calibrate speedometers and if they'll do a package deal? I'd really appreciate it......

OR all you impatient SOBs out there (you know who you are) could slow the F down to a reasonable speed. You don't need to go fast enough to liquify your paint and melt the asphalt. I got news for you. There will be hot water when you get home, your dog will have still peed on the carpet, and your favorite episode of Friends will still be on the DVR. I see impatient idiots in wrecks every day and I'll bet that if over half of them would have slowed down there would be no wreck. I also love you idiots flying by me and you still get stuck at the red light. Congratulations. You just wasted a half tank of gas acting like a moron and you still didn't get home any faster.

One of these days you might just find yourself coming up on me when I've had a bad day. And you know what? You just bought me a new car because I didn't want to run over that "poor little squirrel" who wandered out into the road.

Just for a quick refresher, the speed limit is 55mph on I-77, not 85mph.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2009, 01:19 AM

8 posts, read 15,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
Just for a quick refresher, the speed limit is 55mph on I-77, not 85mph.
Not all of it...

Old 04-24-2009, 06:08 AM

645 posts, read 1,429,427 times
I actually hear the "offical" speed of an interstate is the number of the interstate. IE - I-77 - Speed limit is 77mph. I-485 - No speed limit (unless you are in a jet car). I-95 - 95mph.

Old 04-24-2009, 06:15 AM

1,355 posts, read 1,136,332 times
why go through all that - if you have a cellphone get someone to follow you on the road or visa versa.

Old 04-24-2009, 07:53 AM

2,560 posts, read 4,212,547 times
Hey Spanky, I have a magnet on my rear bumper too! As with you I also break for squirels to demagnatize.

Old 04-25-2009, 05:31 PM

2,295 posts, read 2,713,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandMike View Post
why go through all that - if you have a cellphone get someone to follow you on the road or visa versa.

You obviously missed the sarcastic nature of this post. I do not have a speedometer problem. I AM tired of people who feel the need to tailgate, speed excessively, and act like idiots on I-77.

Also, I am aware that I-77 is not 55mph everywhere. I am talking about the Charlotte area. The stupidity I'm talking about seems to take place between Exit 1 and Mooresville. Most of it between Archdale and downtown Charlotte.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte