Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 04:12 PM

5,280 posts, read 5,210,205 times

Advertisements

Yesterday, I was w/ on Lake Wylie on my friends boat...it was great...Fri night, went out to Uptown (Howl at the Moon, after having dinner at Blackfinn w/ some friends)...Last night, I went to a movie...today, I sat out at my pool all afternoon, after taking my dog to Cherry Park here in Rock Hill this morning....this weekend has been absolutely perfect...the Chamber of Commerce needs to bottle this up and keep it around for the next decade or so...also, I grilled Flank Steaks last night, and will be grilling Bison Burgers here shortly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2009, 04:19 PM

21 posts, read 94,773 times
gettin ****faced

Old 04-26-2009, 07:09 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,258,797 times
Well, this was an absolutely delightful weekend! Got a lot done outside . . . It was really neat hearing how all of you spent your days off . . .

Old 04-26-2009, 07:24 PM

1,311 posts, read 4,669,600 times
It continues to be delightful, since the kids are asleep!
We spent the weekend outside, outside, outside. Front yard, chalk and bubbles. Backyard, soccer and football. We even played with playdoh outside. Today was DH's birthday, so we made a cake and opened presents this morning, then had good friends over for dinner.
Oh, and FYI, Hall Family Farm in the Ballantyne area is open, and the strawberries are spectacular! Picked a TON on Friday, and they're long gone. They've doubled their fields since last year, and WOW. No affiliation to the farm, just a big fan. Go down there fast, before I eat them all!

Old 04-26-2009, 07:28 PM

7,041 posts, read 14,983,679 times
What a lovely weekend. I am SO GLAD that warmer weather is here!!

Old 04-26-2009, 08:50 PM

23,809 posts, read 34,540,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Okay, you guys. I think we have had two remarks about it being hot!!! You all do know this is considered mild weather? It is definitely not HOT!! Get ready w/ A/C if you are already heating up here . . . (And don't forget the sunscreen!!!) We gotta get everyone acclimated for summer - when it really DOES get hot . . .
LOL, Ani, I picked up on that, too. This is warm, not hot.

Old 04-26-2009, 09:13 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,810,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehead1 View Post
It continues to be delightful, since the kids are asleep!
We spent the weekend outside, outside, outside. Front yard, chalk and bubbles. Backyard, soccer and football. We even played with playdoh outside. Today was DH's birthday, so we made a cake and opened presents this morning, then had good friends over for dinner.
Oh, and FYI, Hall Family Farm in the Ballantyne area is open, and the strawberries are spectacular! Picked a TON on Friday, and they're long gone. They've doubled their fields since last year, and WOW. No affiliation to the farm, just a big fan. Go down there fast, before I eat them all!
I love the little short cakes that come 4 to a box at Harris Teeter. I've been making strawberry shortcakes the last few weekends. Although this weekend it was all about rocky road. Next weekend, back to strawberries!

Old 04-27-2009, 06:36 AM

1,808 posts, read 6,480,671 times
We enjoyed this weekend so much! I will say that I did get a little sunburned, even WITH the SPF 45 on all day. So next weekend, if it's sunny again, I'll have to upgrade to the SPF 50.

We enjoyed Bark in the Park on Saturday. We didn't stay too long, as my dog seemed like he was getting a bit overheated. Instead we jumped back into the car and headed up to Davidson. What a nice town - we enjoyed the art festival on the green as well as walking through the college campus. It was the Alumni Reunion weekend so there was food everywhere - somehow my dog manages to score free food all the time with his sad expression (he looks sad even when he's happy!). A random person came over to us and gave him a hot dog. DH and I were hungry, but at least the dog was full!

We went to the Dog Bar in NoDa for some cooling off, and my dog committed a party foul by falling asleep in the bar.

On Sunday we went up to the Whitewater Center to check that out. We will definitely go back - it looks like lot of fun! Since we had the dog with us, we just stuck to the trails and watching the rafting and kayaking. Tonka decided to jump into the Catawba River to cool off so when we got home we had the pleasure of giving him a bath.

OK, yes I'm a crazy dog lady who plans her weekends with the dog in mind. All in all, a great time, we didn't spend too much money, and we enjoyed some nice weather.

Old 04-27-2009, 06:39 AM

22,237 posts, read 29,269,623 times
I wanted to go to Bark in the Park on Sat but I couldn't due to work Sure seems like I work too much and that's alot of BS!!!!!!

Old 04-27-2009, 06:46 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,678,645 times
T-Ball, mowed/edged the lawn, played poker w/weekly group, batting cages (grand slam in Matthews), shoveled/tilled out a 6' x 4' area to plant new landscaping plants by my deck. Did the weekly foodshopping at HT and Walmart....watched my daughter play soccer....

I also supported the economy by going out to eat at Angela's......

All in all, a good weekend....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte