Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 02:17 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times

Advertisements

It's an absolutely quintessential Carolina blue sky perfect day!!!

CarolinaBlue posted some events for us this weekend. Here's that thread:

Outdoor Events – 4-24 thru 4-26!!!

So what is everyone gonna be doing? Perhaps some of us are not sure what to plan - and you can give them some inspiration!

Sunny just mentioned on another thread that we can go find great BBQ tonite and tomorrow at First Christian Church on East Blvd (Dilworth).

ooo la la I just had the Best Barbecue in Dilworth

What else is going on? Or what have you planned?

I will be working on the yard, it looks like. I had noticed there was a sale at Lumber Liquidators and I may go check that out (close outs).

Anyone planning a day trip? Going to a festival?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2009, 02:20 PM

2,193 posts, read 5,052,845 times
Tonight getting a facial. Tomorrow having a get together at my place. We're gonna play card games and pictionary. We had so much fun a couple weeks ago with the games, so we're doing it again this week!

Old 04-24-2009, 02:25 PM

172 posts, read 535,567 times
Husband and I will be grilling out all weekend...farmers market tomorrow morning..ride my bike on the greenway behind my house ..laundry...grocery store...drink some margaritas here and there

I know, I know....extremely exciting

Old 04-24-2009, 02:26 PM

206 posts, read 514,184 times
Default Gardening

I am getting my feet wet in Carolina gardening. I have been intimidated by the red clay but I have to get started, it's my therapy.

Old 04-24-2009, 02:27 PM

4,280 posts, read 11,310,410 times
My wife is out of town with some girlfriends in the NC mountains.
As a coincidence our girls had 'grandparents day' at school today and are spending the afternoon and night with my parents.
They just went to see the Hannah Montana movie.
I was not to thrilled about it (I thought it would be too old for them), but my mother just called and said it was really cute.

Tonight I have all to myself and no telling what mischief I might get into...
Maybe head down to Villa Antonio at Ballantyne Village around 11pm....

J/K!

Actually I jest, probably ride a motorcycle over to The Counter or Waldhorn in a few minutes and eat something very unhealthy, then come home and watch a movie or two or three with my white schnauzer.
I have not sat and watched a movie in months, and there are tons out I have not seen.

Tomorrow I am picking up the girls at 7:30 AM from my parents and we are heading to Chimney Rock and will make a day of it hiking around.
They are leaving on their motorcycles with some church friends to Peaks of Otter in VA for an overnight motorcycle trip.
Yes, my parents are 60+ and my mother rides her own motorcycle.
She is also actually a great golfer (low 80s) and runs at least 4 miles everyday.
She is amazing.

Sunday after church, Carowinds.
I'm fun-time dad.

The love of my life will be back home (thank God) Sunday night.

The NC weather will be beautiful kids, so get out there and enjoy it!

Old 04-24-2009, 02:35 PM

3,774 posts, read 8,191,456 times
Friday night: weekly block party... I have great neighbors and we usually get together on Fridays to let the rugrats work out some energy while we spin yarns and enjoy our favorite libations.

Saturday morning: work early, play late. I'm reconditioning a lawnmower for one of my tenants and then heading to the white water park for some afternoon boating. Family in town tomorrow so we'll fire up the grill and bust out the guitars for some picking that evening.

Sunday: Haven't planned that far ahead yet.

Old 04-24-2009, 02:35 PM

1,808 posts, read 6,493,390 times
We're taking our dog to Bark in the Park on Saturday. Then, we're going to drive up to Davidson later in the afternoon, just because we haven't been there yet. I like exploring new towns!

Old 04-24-2009, 02:37 PM

4,280 posts, read 11,310,410 times
ctribucher-

I heard about Bark in the Park on WBT today.
That sounds awesome!

If I was not full time dad duty tomorrow I would be doing the WBT ride for the kids (Keith Larson).
Tomorrow they are riding from Matthews to Lowes Motorspeedway AND riding around the track which would be awesome.

Old 04-24-2009, 02:55 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
See - I knew everyone had great ideas for the weekend!

SHEENIE - I think the facial sounds wonderful. I need one myself. I love Pictionary!

EMMA - you have a great weekend planned out. What are you grilling? And how neat that you have a greenway there at your house. Mmmmmm . . . Margaritas! LOL!!

WESTCHESTER - Good luck with the gardening. I know you will be fine w/ this stubborn clay. Just amend the soil and next year it will be even easier to fix those flower beds. We will have to share pictures of our efforts later in the season!

MULLMAN - you are such a good dad. Gotta comment on Peaks of Otter - we love that trip!

NATIVE SON - Your neighborhood sounds terrific. Grillin' and Guitar pickin' - it doesn't get any better than that! Wish I lived near you!

CTRIBUCHER - Hope you have a blast at Bark in the Park (I know you will). I haven't been to Davidson just to stroll around and check things out in a long time. Let us know what you think about the area when you get back, especially any places to eat, coffee shops, etc.

Old 04-24-2009, 03:01 PM

852 posts, read 2,467,088 times
I am without kids and husband this weekend too. They are off to soccer tournaments in Asheville. Me I will be having dinner tonight at the Ranchhouse, tomorrow Anzac day party, Sunday Irish social at Connollys on 5th. The rest of the time working in my yard. I have my banana plants to get back in the ground and I have some corn to plant in my raised beds. I am looking forward to my weekend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte