U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 04:23 PM

35,579 posts, read 43,835,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandMike View Post
Mr. Metallica, I think your tie is too tight.
This adds to the discussion . . . how?

Look at it this way. That electrical outlet on the wall is safe. However, if you stick a paperclip in it, you will no longer think electricity is safe.

Don't go sticking your paperclip places where you should not stick it and you will be fine.

And while you are at home, make sure your outlets are in good working order and cover them up so no one else can be poking around in them.

Standard safety precautions will prohibit getting a shock, whether at home or while out and about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2009, 04:28 PM

45,155 posts, read 57,115,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post

Look at it this way. That electrical outlet on the wall is safe. However, if you stick a paperclip in it, you will no longer think electricity is safe.

Don't go sticking your paperclip places where you should not stick it and you will be fine.

And while you are at home, make sure your outlets are in good working order and cover them up so no one else can be poking around in them.

Standard safety precautions will prohibit getting a shock, whether at home or while out and about.
Ani, thank you for "educating the general public on safety awareness"

Old 04-27-2009, 04:31 PM

1,852 posts, read 3,407,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post

Hey but it gets my hair to stand better than the gel! Nothing wrong with a good poke for a shocking experience!

Old 04-27-2009, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whytewulf View Post
Hey but it gets my hair to stand better than the gel! Nothing wrong with a good poke for a shocking experience!
ROFLMAO! Don't do it to me, Wulf - really - I spewed my Iced Tea on reading this, Hee Hee Hee.

Old 04-27-2009, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Ani, thank you for "educating the general public on safety awareness"
Always happy to help out w/ public safety issues.

Old 04-28-2009, 06:40 AM

1,894 posts, read 3,957,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandMike View Post
Mr. Metallica, I think your tie is too tight.
Sa-weet! He got my name right!

Old 04-30-2009, 01:59 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,219,548 times
Default Thanks Chief

Thanks for the electrical advice - bless your heart, that was sincere of you.

Old 04-30-2009, 02:19 PM

1,052 posts, read 1,031,958 times
It depends on where you are and where you hang out at. I visit Charlotte all the time and I never have any problems. Of course I won't venture out into some area that I know is very dangerous, either!

Old 04-30-2009, 03:25 PM

1,304 posts, read 890,417 times
Its ok it was considered 14th most dangerous city but for the most part its safe

Old 04-30-2009, 03:34 PM

45,155 posts, read 57,115,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaATL View Post
Its ok it was considered 14th most dangerous city but for the most part its safe
What is it with people who don't even live here feeling like they need to comment on what goes on in Charlotte? Don't you have enough people to talk to in Atlanta?

I believe I addressed this crime question days ago - and people who live here understand the crime situation very well. We are pleased with the progress our new police chief is making during his first year on the job.

04-24-2009, 09:09 PM
lovesMountains

Edit Status Join Date: Aug 2006
13,866 posts, read 7,305,912 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila Ysrayl
I was on the internet and came across a article posted by Forbes Magazine stating that Charlotte was rated as one of the most dangerous places to live! From 1 to 15, it was rated 14! Now you alll live there, can I get some feedback? They were also talking about the mexican drug gangs. It mentioned Concord and Gastonia. I was there visiting and was impressed and then read this article and was surprised. I got the feeling that Concord had that cozy small town laid back atomsphere.

Okay Sheila, let's be serious...

There are some things you need to consider.

In the first place - there are only about 30 cities in America with popluations over half a million. So if you think about it, Charlotte is 14 on a list of 30 - which means about half the cities our size are MORE dangerous than we are, and about half are less dangerous, though not by much.

BIG CITIES HAVE BIG CRIME NUMBERS - Would you be surprised to go to some place like Chicago or Las vagas and find crime?? OF COURSE you wouldn't. So you have to remember to think of Charlotte as a bigger city than you may have realized it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte