U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 11:27 AM

22,974 posts, read 58,412,675 times

Advertisements

lol yeah highway 321 lol I do not know why I got that number in my head sorry posters highway 321
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2007, 04:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,871 times
Default Area's in Lincolnton for Horses

You will want to try the Vale area and Cat Square area also try West Lincoln

Old 08-25-2007, 03:50 PM

1,920 posts, read 4,329,520 times
Here is a link for all openings in Lincoln County Schools!

Current Openings

Old 08-01-2011, 06:02 AM

2 posts, read 3,157 times
Default Another Northerner seeking guidance!

Hi Everyone...yes I know you've heard the story a gazillion times....but we are from RI, seeking a warmer (I have fibromyalgia), friendlier little spot to settle into. We are in our 50's and our youngest is 14 (homeschooled..for now). We have looked from New Bern to Raleigh to Winston-Salem to Charlotte. The latter being our favorite. It just feels like home. So we have visited all the towns east of Charlotte, liked the towns, but we are having a really hard time with the sub-divisions, primarily lacking in acreage, and hearing our neighbors sneeze. We have come upon a great house in Lincolnton. Any thoughts? We know it's rural that's okay, we are used to that. But is it a depressed area? Homes are valued very low. There appears to be some shopping, and Hickory/Gastonia for the best in retail. I guess our main concern is your thoughts on the growth and safety of the town itself. The house we are looking at is in Boger City. Thanks to all of you for your input!

Old 08-01-2011, 07:43 AM

21,813 posts, read 27,068,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasueluv View Post
Hi Everyone...yes I know you've heard the story a gazillion times....but we are from RI, seeking a warmer (I have fibromyalgia), friendlier little spot to settle into. We are in our 50's and our youngest is 14 (homeschooled..for now). We have looked from New Bern to Raleigh to Winston-Salem to Charlotte. The latter being our favorite. It just feels like home. So we have visited all the towns east of Charlotte, liked the towns, but we are having a really hard time with the sub-divisions, primarily lacking in acreage, and hearing our neighbors sneeze. We have come upon a great house in Lincolnton. Any thoughts? We know it's rural that's okay, we are used to that. But is it a depressed area? Homes are valued very low. There appears to be some shopping, and Hickory/Gastonia for the best in retail. I guess our main concern is your thoughts on the growth and safety of the town itself. The house we are looking at is in Boger City. Thanks to all of you for your input!
We have a couple of transplants who live in Lincoln County. They might be able to tell you about Boger City from the transplant view.

The three NC counties west of Charlotte (Gaston, Lincoln, & Cleveland) were all hit hard by the textile mill closures, before & after the economy collapsed. Each county is working on reinventing their economy.

If you plan to work from home you can pretty much live wherever suits you. Will you be looking for a job? Do you intend to use a public high school? If so, check here. AYP Results (http://www.dpi.state.nc.us/nclb/abcayp/ayp/ - broken link)

For acreage west of Charlotte, if commuting to Charlotte is the aim, Lincoln County is a good place to look. Also Kings Mountain, on the Cleveland County side (if schools will come into play) & Clover SC. South of Gastonia are some more rural areas as well, in Gaston County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or