U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 10:26 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,023,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert griffin View Post
I have a chance to relocate to Charlotte and if I continue to read about whats being said I am reluctant. Please make me feel the worst is over!
Well, Robert, you dug up a thread that has been ignored for 6 months or so.

The economic situation here is definitely not over. But if you are relocating with a job, then that shouldn't have any impact in your life.

Have you spent time in Charlotte? We have really nice burbs, which is why I like living here. It all depends what you are looking for as to whether or not you will like it here.

There are a lot of threads on this forum describing Charlotte, what can and can't be found here, info on everything from neighborhoods to schools to entertainment. I don't think I would let this particular thread influence me too much about moving here, lol. If you have particular questions, just post them on a thread and there are lots of folks who will doubtless be glad to give you some direction or provide info.

I would hope you could visit here b/f having to make a decision about relocating here, tho. We have had literally thousands of folks move here who are happy - so that should tell you something positive about the region.

Good luck on your decision!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2009, 08:43 AM

7 posts, read 17,366 times
I am originally from Southwest Va. Near Blacksburg home of the Va Tech Hokies. I lived outside of Orlando for 5 years. My husband and I are thinking of moving to Charlotte, that way I will only be 2 hours away from family and live outside of a nice city. I have 2 small children and I think it sounds nice in Charlotte never visited though. I gotta say I loved Orlando and Florida for that matter because of the weather. I like hot weather and beaches but not many jobs there. To anyone check it out the futher north you go the higher cost of living, for instance check home prices and see what kind of house you get in Fl for 250k compared what you get in say Allentown, Pa. Big ol' difference also taxes are much higher the futher north you go. I gotta say here in southwest Va, there is nothing whatsoever to do. The schools are only so so. The prices of homes are crazy high. Mostly all old houses. Anyways thanks you guys for the info on Charlotte I am hoping my husband gets the job in Charlotte so we can get there.

Old 12-11-2009, 03:31 AM

276 posts, read 417,107 times
Better visit the area before moving here. Your opinion of Charlotte might change once you see it.

Old 12-11-2009, 06:56 AM

604 posts, read 1,131,515 times
Rent for a while and see how you like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or